Chapter 16

The afternoon light peeks through the shaded tree. The blue sky turning into gradient orange of the the closing sun. Chaeyoung stirred from her sleep. Slowly opening her lids, she was met by a blinding light. She winced and close it again. She open it once more but covering her eyes from the sun this time. A beautiful afternoon. That's how she wants to describe the view in front of her. A sleeping beauty indeed. Ah why did I thought about so much. The answer is already clear. I waited and finally found her. She smiled in content. 

A lone tear escaped from the mixed emotions. Happiness? regret? relief? fear? She don't know which of those she's feeling at the moment. Happiness that she found her, regret for not knowing sooner, relief that she's fine, fear for the unknown. Fear, ah am I really scared to be killed by the one I love? She chuckled to herself. 

Those eyes, her moles, those gummy smiles.. It is really her but something is off. Something doesn't add on. Why and how did I forgot about those important details? I mean I remember the necklace but now that I look back.. I don't remember the last time we saw each other. The last day... when was it? and why does it seems like she don't know me?

"Did you gone crazy?" Mina asked while still has her eyes closed. She felt the intense stare from the woman.

Well let's think about that later.

"Ani I just realized how beautiful you are" She beamed. Mina's brows twitched. She slowly open her eyes and met the stare of Chaeyoung.

"Is the sun too much for your eyes?" She frowns.

"Yah I am being sincere here. You're really beautiful Minari." Chaeyoung giggled and Mina has to ransack her brain to see any reason for the woman's change of behavior. Just two hours ago she's so silent and down but then now she looks like a girl in her teenage self.

"What's happening? Did your fever came back?" She check her forehead. "You're fine. Why a sudden compliment?" She asked. Chaeyoung shook her head and chuckled.

"Can't I compliment you? Besides get used to it starting today." She sat up and winked before standing up. That made Mina even more weirded by the girl and maybe to herself too.

"Why would I get used to that?" She asked. Chaeyoung tried to straighten her crumpled shirt. 

"Because I want you to. Let's go. Seulgi unnie is waiting I have three missed calls from her" She showed her phone where the notification of the missed calls shows. Chaeyoung then offered a hand for Mina to take. Even confused by the woman's behavior, Mina took her hand. 

"It's my turn to drive." She smiled and took the car key from Mina.

"Are you sure you are fine?" Mina did not know what happened but something is really up. 

"Hai hai" She saluted and proceed to fold the blanket they used.

Mina wanted to know what made her like that but she also has that part of her where she wouldn't like to give a fuck. The girl had already mess with her thoughts, she don't know what more could her effect will be if she's going to dig deeper.

...

Codes flashes on different monitors as Dahyun continued to type in insane pace. She is eating a lollipop made by Momo that could help her ability to further work. Dahyun has a weak body. Everytime she uses her ability her energy will be sucked up and in order to prevent that, Momo made her a special candy. Her eyes is glowing in intense blue while looking at the monitors.