Chapter 38

Mina noticed how the child doesn't have any intention of making the first move. Well, if she was really her clone then that's likely to be expected. Letting out a sigh, she wears her earphones. Something, she always did if she don't want to be distracted. Noises could be pretty distracting. Playing the music, she started to smile. (Yes it's the song above. Hello fellow DS fan~)

"Let's see how much your words brings you." In a blink of an eye, the assassin disappeared. The kid is still calm like she knew what the woman is going to do.

"You're tricks won't affect me." She smirked. Mina appeared on her side and tried to launch a surprise attack but her punch stopped. She could feel a dense air around the kid forming like a barrier. A wide grin stretched on her lips.

"Interesting." She commented, before gathering some more force on her fist and sends the punch again. This time, it managed to get throught but the girl blocked it on time. The impact made her slide back a meter away.

"So this is the witch." The kid smiled but it was different. Something in her expression screams excitement. Mina didn't answer and just return the same smile. Her blood is pumping fast from the adrenaline.

Now, it was the kid who plotted an attack. She reached out her hand with an open palm. Mina felt it. Something is moving in the air. She can't see but she knew better to avoid the fatal attack. The child closed her palms, that's when the air around her change and denses itself like a sharp blade hunting her. Mina closed her eyes and took out the earphones. Her sensitivity heightened, she used it to predict where the attacks would come from. She snapped her fingers which produced a loud sound. If the naked eyes can't see then she will use eco-location. A tactic she just learned. It was the captain who suggested for her to try. Seems like she prepared me for this.

Now with a snap, she can see the the trajectory of each attacks and can easily avoid it. Mina noticed how the dense air formed like a tail and was coming from the child's back. It was the same as Akira's but different at the same time.

"Such a show off." She huffs and her eyes glows in intense purple. Mina prepared herself from the incoming attack. She opened her eyes and uses one of her abilities. A glimpse from the future shots up in her mind. She smirked and did exactly to avoid the child's plan to mess in her mind. Paralysis through hypnosis and one thing to avoid that is to be not in the sight of the user. She can use the same ability and can clearly counter it.

"Hey kid I'm here" She announced as she appeared behind the little Mina and tried to round kick her.

"Tch. I know." The child managed to get a hold of her feet with a smirk. Mina smiled, Of course she can use the same abilities as I have. She can predict minutes prior.

Mina took out her gun stealthy and fired to the kid but the bullets only slowed down in the mid air. There, she concluded that the child could actually use what she can't use at the moment. The god and red project combined together. The ability that caused the massacre ten years ago. So that explains the purple eyes.

The child who still has her feet in hand tightened her hold. Mina could feel her bone cracking from the force. It does hurt her a little but she can't be bothered about it. The child smiled madly at her. It irks her slightly seeing kid with the exact face as hers ten years ago. Mina let out a sigh and kicked the girl with her free leg. The great force caused her to let go voluntarily and to defend herself. She immediately took a distance from the kid while her other feet is limping.