Chapter 34

Chaeyoung stood in front of the wide sea. Smooth breeze brushing her face, flowing on her hair. The sky is dark and it looks like it is going to rain. 

"Hey what are you doing here?" A kid who's the same height as her, patted her shoulder. Chaeyoung turned around to meet the curious eyes of the girl. She took out one of the ear piece to listen.

"The storm is coming. The professor said you should go home, we will leave now." 

Hearing the girl's words Chaeyoung's eyes formed into tears. Along with it is the music playing on her right. A very familiar one. 

"H-hey why are you crying?" The little girl panicked.

"You will take away Mina unnie with you." She cried. The other girl scratched her nape. She don't know what to say since she was right and they can't do anything about it.

"Uhm hey what are you listening?" She tried to change the subject. Chaeyoung's mind focused on her question. 

"It's a song I wanted Mina to hear." She sniffs.

"Can I listen?" 

Chaeyoung eyed her for a moment before finally nodding in agreement. Taking the free side, she handed it the girl. The said kid sat beside her and wears the ear piece. A certain melody played. It's in japanese and somehow the lyrics is so sad to hear. 

"I want the future Chaeyoung to hear this too. Somehow I can get the picture of the future me." She sadly cried but this time she's crying silently. 

"Will you be okay after hearing this?" The other girl asked. Chaeyoung wiped her tears.

"Hmm I think it will comfort me." She answered.

"Then I will hold onto this." The little kid took out the ear piece. Chae looked at her in confusion.

"When the time comes. I'll let you and Mina hear this. I promise." She let out her pinky finger. Chaeyoung seems to calmed down after hearing the girl.

"Really?" 

"Yeah" She smiled widely. Chae managed to form a small smile too. She took her pinky finger to intertwine with the other girl. 

"Then you can have this." The little Chaeyoung gave the girl her ipod. 

"Will you really give this to me?!" 

"Hmm Chaeyoung never break her promise too so don't break yours okay?" She smiled, showing her dimples. 

"Okay. I _____ promise-"

Before the girl could finish her words the world suddenly turns to black. The scene changes into chaos. There are fire everywhere. The heat hurts her but in the middle of it all is a slight taller girl than her.