Chapter 50

Tzuyu looked down for the hundredth time today on the watch that indicates Jihyo's heart rate. She managed to convince Jihyo to wear the device that would make her know she's still alive even if they're not together. The younger woman knows how her partner do things. If sacrificing herself is the way to solve a problem she'll probably do it.

"Hey are you okay?" Momo turned to her in concern. Tzuyu brushed the negative thoughts away and nodded. 

"Yeah. We should hurry and help the others." She answered calmly. Momo and Jeongyeon shared a look. They knew what she actually felt at the moment. 

"She's going to be fine." Momo assured. 

"Yeah Jihyo won't leave us that easily." Jeong added. 

Tzuyu smiled hearing their comforting words but still the uneasiness is there. She can't shrug the worries away. If given the chance she would choose to stay with her all the time but Jihyo appointed her this important job along with Momo and Jeongyeon. If they were to fail, then everything they planned will be a waste. 

They need to make an opening within the cage for Jihyo to easily teleport those people who have to stay and fight. The time limit they have is one hour at minimum. The bomb has already been planted and the timer will start within three minutes from now. 

"After making a hole, call Nayeon and the rest to escape." Tzuyu fired a gun to the approaching men. Momo made it easy by throwing another gas. For people with ability, inhaling the gas won't be a problem but if it was inhaled by a normal person they'll start acting weird as if they just took a great amount of cocaine. Jeong and Tzuyu is wearing masks to avoid meeting the same fate as those laughing guards.

"What about you guys?" Jeong asked.

"I'll go get the Captain, Chaeyoung, Mina and Aki. Take Jisoo and Rose with you too. I don't think we can keep the promise of keeping the kid alive for her if Mina gets her memories back." Tzuyu could only imagine the bloody fight in that room right now. Momo and Jeongyeon nodded in agreement. 

Tzuyu let out a sigh. She have to think positively even though her gut tells her something bad will definitely happen. She's not blind not to notice how sweet Jihyo's words and actions to her this morning. It's as if she's savoring their last moments together. 

Please keep her safe. I won't beg for anything more... just let her live.

...

Mina's cold eyes stared deeply on the struggling child. She just sent her flying like that without even moving a finger. Her hair started to change color into a blonde one. The witch before has finally returned. 

"Annoying." 

After saying that, a maddening laugh resounded in the room. The child spat out the blood as her wound started to heal in an insane speed.

"You surprised me there." She chuckled. Mina didn't answer and her expression stayed calm and cold. She decided to finally take things seriously. Her smile turned into solemn face as she raised a finger. Mina felt the same rush of air in energy coming to her. It's the same as what she did. With one look, the attack didn't hit her. 

Meanwhile, Jihyo and Akira stayed stunned in their position. Looking at Mina, she knew that woman is the same witch she fought ten years ago. She instantly turned to Chaeyoung that has yet to wake up. Jihyo frowned.  Chaeyoung should be back too if the unlocking of memory is done. Why is she still unconscious? Jihyo felt the cold sweats ran down her spine. This means she's still there and trapped.