3: Freak of nature

Paige sat in the locker room with Stiles sitting across from her

Paige sat in the locker room with Stiles sitting across from her. She was humming a joyful tune while sipping coffee. Her eyes flicker up to Stiles to notice that he was staring at her.

"What?" She barely takes the straw from her mouth, letting the plastic press against the side of her lip, "Is there something on my face?"

"Is that even considered coffee?"

Pulling the cup away from her face, Paige stares at the liquid in the cup. It was practically white at this point, filled full with creamer and whip cream. "It's a beverage."

"Of pure liquid sugar."

A chuckle came from her before she chugs the rest of it down. Paige got up from the bench inside the locker room, "No. This had milk and coffee inside of it."

"That's disgusting."

"It's delicious." She countered. Paige walked with him out onto the field, not even bothering to go out and play. She dropped down on the bench, "Why are you judging me with my sugar? I'm not the one popping Adderall's like they're candy."

"Fine." Stiles whispers with a squint her way. "I don't judge your weird shit. You don't judge mine."

"It's a deal." Paige spits in her hand extending it out to him. She watches as he stares as her saliva trails down her palm before daintily grabbing her thumb and shaking. "Oh, you big bitch baby."

"Alliteration for an insult." Stiles scrunches his nose up and gives her a little sneer. "Cute."

"I know." Paige tilted her head to the side with a smile, snug and cocky, "Classic me."

All Stiles did was roll his eyes, not believing that he had known this girl since they were children. "You're weird."

"I do my best to be." Paige threw her hair over her shoulder, kicking her legs out in a childish manner, "At least I didn't accuse my friend of something as ridiculous as lycanthropy."

"Right!" Stiles shot up as if he just remembered something because of Paige. He searched the field just in time to see Scott coming on, "Scott! Scott, wait up!"

Paige scrambled to stand up, feeling the wave of sugar hit her body, "Wait, do you know something new?"

Scott did not seem to be in the mood to stop, he just wanted to plow through his day, "Stiles... Paige, I'm playing the first elimination, man. Can't it wait?"

"Just hold on, okay?" Stiles struggled to keep Scott with him, so Paige skipped around so he wouldn't go past her, "I overheard my dad on the phone. The fiber analysis came back from the lab in L.A. They found animal hairs on the body from the woods!"

"Stiles, I gotta go." Scott dodged around Paige before she could grab a hold of him, running out onto the field.

"Wait, no! Scott! You're not gonna believe what the animal was!" Stiles kept yelling but threw his hands up in the air. His eyes shifted over to where Paige was standing, "It was a wolf..."