36: Family Importance

Paige stared up at the roof, she wanted to go to bed but couldn't really fall asleep

Paige stared up at the roof, she wanted to go to bed but couldn't really fall asleep. There was this weird wave of anxiety that filled her. She simply assumed it was because of the appearance of her hunter family. Unlike her Uncle Richard, these members of her family did not come and visit her. That she knew of, since she wasn't exactly staying with her Aunt.

She flinched and raised her hand up to her cheek, it felt like she was just randomly pinched. Paige shifted in the bed and sat up while rubbing at her cheek. It wasn't a pinching pain like she was slapped, but in a specific place right below her eye.

Stiles groaned from his spot beside her and kept his face pressed in the pillow, "Why are you awake?"

"Anxiety." Paige offers, since that was the best, "Plus, I'm getting that pain thing again."

"Really?" Stiles rubbed at his eyes while rolling on his back so he could look at her, "Where at?"

"My face." She answered while pointing below her eye, "It's like someone grabbed this area, pinched, and twisted. It's gone now. It hurt and suddenly just disappeared."

"Is that normal?"

"Uh, I guess but it was faster than usual... I think. I honestly wish I could say more but I'm just genuinely confused. I'm not particularly sure if it's any different."

Stiles slowly nodded his head and shut his eyes, "Well, maybe you should just get some sleep. We'll try and figure this all out together."

"Mmhm..." Paige stared down at him and a frown appeared on her face. "You won't lie or keep things from me, right?"

Stiles furrowed his brows and opened his eyes, "What?"

"It's nothing." She whispers while pulling her blanket back over her and laying back down on the bed.

"Paige..." Stiles mumbles while turning in the bed so he could look at her, "I promise I won't lie or keep things from you."

"It's just... this is my aunt that did this to me." Paige rolled onto her stomach and hugged the pillow, "She was basically my only family for so long... And then Derek trying to manipulate me into his pack-"

"We're family." Stiles interrupted and patted her back softly, "Got that? You can trust me."

"Okay..."

Paige continued to stare at Stiles until he fell asleep. She knew exactly what was happening to her. She was developing trust issues and it scared her because she wanted to continue trusting her friends. She was afraid that she couldn't trust the people closest to her because of her aunt.

And Stiles knew. Stiles may have had his eyes shut for a while, but his mind wandered in worry for Paige. She has always been so bubbly and kind. And despite how he acted around her, he probably trusted her with his life. Her and Scott. They were the closest people to him. So to know that Paige was going to develop pistanthrophobia; which was basically the fear of trust. She was going to be afraid to trust people. Derek manipulating her was bad because of her crush but he wasn't exactly close to her. It was Maggie. Stiles knew that Maggie had to know more information and Paige wasn't willing to go and search for that information. So just to help Paige and possibly prove the theory wrong. Stiles would go and try to find information from her aunt. She had to have something that Paige couldn't find.