52: Her Release

It was like before Paige just wandered

It was like before Paige just wandered. She wanted to get away from her aunt. She wanted to make as much distance between herself and her aunt as she could. Paige hadn't been paying attention at all and went down on the ground after tripping over a curb. She caught herself with her palms and gripped the ground in her hands.

Paige felt like she forgot how to breathe for a minute, she couldn't even breathe out, just constant inhaling. She couldn't breathe. She felt like she was choking on her own tears. Crawling, Paige shifted so she was seated on her bottom and pushed her hand through her hair. She brought her legs up to her chest and covered her head as she tried to get herself to breathe. It was like she had been so incredibly betrayed by the one person in her life she should trust the most.

Isaac stared ahead at Derek as he listened to his plan, "So why do we need their help?"

"Because it's harder to kill than I thought and I still don't know who it is."

"And they do?" Isaac demanded with his brows raised, he kind of believed that Paige could possibly know but not Scott or Stiles.

"They might." Derek shot him a look, "Which is why I need one of you to get on their good side."

"Mm." Erica hummed in pure amusement, "Scott or Stiles?"

"Either."

"Or Paige." Boyd suggests from where he was, which causes them all to look at him, "Listen, she's the nicest and if we're nice back she might tell us."

Isaac shook his head, "Yeah, she is the nicest. But we don't have the best track record with her right now because someone broke her arm."

"She deserved it."

"Oh, she deserved it?" Isaac glared as he responded back to her with pure sarcasm, "And what exactly did she do to deserve that?"

"Enough."

Isaac and Erica parted with glares, walking away from one another to cool off for a second. Breathing out, Isaac gave Derek this side-eye, "Why don't you ask Paige?" Without saying anything, Derek slowly turned so he was looking at Isaac, "Nevermind..." He cleared his throat and changed the subject, "You know, the full moon's coming, Derek."

"I'm aware of that." Derek plopped his chest open, which made Erica bend over and pull one of them out, "Oh my, these look comfortable."

"You said you were gonna teach us to change whenever we wanted."

"There hasn't been time."

Isaac only grew restless, "But if you have to lock us up during the full moon, that means- that means you're alone against the Argents."

Derek simply looked over at him, "They haven't found us."

"Yet!" Isaac added in a rush while Derek went to walk away from them, as though he was rushing to go somewhere, "So how about we forget the kanima?"