10: I talk when I'm nervous

Paige had gone through the box of swiss rolls and they were still just aimlessly driving around

Paige had gone through the box of swiss rolls and they were still just aimlessly driving around. Derek didn't want to go to his house, which left Stiles with very few options. Those few options actually being no options. Unless they wanted to just drag him into one of their homes and neither seemed to be offering that up anytime soon.

"Stiles." Paige says from the backseat, making him groan, "I need to use the bathroom."

"Hold it."

"I knew you'd tell me that. So I didn't bring up how I had to use the bathroom about an hour ago." She admits to him slowly with a small smile on her face, trying to cover her nerves, "But I don't think I can really hold it anymore."

"Are you sure?"

"I'd prefer to not have my bladder burst." Paige informs him while shifting in her seat, her hands at her sides, bunched in fists, "Just stop at a gas station. I'll get you a snack or something, Just please let me pee somewhere that isn't your backseat. Because I'd prefer to avoid the embarrassment of peeing on your seat in front of the scary, intimidating and dying werewolf in your front seat. I also feel really funny, like I might puke. So please just-"

"Oh, my God!" Stiles cries out and takes a turn, "Okay, just stop your nervous talk before I drive us off into a ravine."

Paige quickly shut her mouth with the popping of her lips. She waited patiently in the backseat in silence until she couldn't handle the quiet anymore, "I tend to talk when I get really nervous. It's a big problem I have. My aunt thinks it's endearing and cute, cause you know, I'm a little too bubbly. Like a bumble-bee. I constantly buzz. It might be because of the copious amounts of sugar I intake on a daily basis, but I also really like sugar."

"Paige-"

"Like I weirdly like sugar. And I hate salty foods. Especially when they're too salty. I like Chinese food though, maybe because they sometimes cook with sugar-like stuff." She released a nervous laugh when Derek finally turned his head to look back at her. His eyes held a lot of emotions, the ones she could really see were pain and irritation. "Yeah, you're the one making me incredibly nervous. And now that you're looking at me it's kind of worse. I mean, you're lowkey dying which isn't helping my nerves at all."

"We're here. Please get out of my jeep."

Paige didn't even hesitate to crawl out of the jeep through the driver's seat after Stiles hopped out. She went running towards the gas station and around the corner to the bathroom. The second she was on the toilet her head was in her hands. She was embarrassed about using the bathroom in Stiles' jeep but now she was just embarrassed that she didn't know how to keep her mouth shut. Her Aunt did think it was incredibly cute but she knew it irritated people.

Stiles was one of the few people to point out how annoying it could actually get. But he did try to be nice about it afterwards. Though, Stiles might have been the one to give her the anxiety about her nervous rambles. It was definitely Stiles that made her anxious about it.