26: Family protects family

Abruptly, Paige spurts out, "Bring me home

Abruptly, Paige spurts out, "Bring me home."

Stiles blinked his eyes a few times and looked over at Paige in shock, "What? We need to-"

"Stiles, bring me home, now!"

Stiles jerked in shock and took a sharp turn, "You know we have more urgent matters to attend to. Like telling Scott that the friggin' Alpha is Derek's Uncle that was supposedly burnt into a living vegetable, but guess that was wrong."

"You can deal with that. I kind of feel like I'm currently living through my own personal dumpster fire." Paige says urgently while tapping her leg rapidly, "And I don't think I can handle my aunt keeping this from me anymore. The Alpha literally recognized me like he knew me. And I have a feeling there is a lot more to this story that I'm missing. And I'm sick of missing these pieces because people won't talk to me about it."

"Are you sure you want to kamikaze your aunt right now?"

Paige scowled and pushed the door to the jeep open, "Get to Scott. I'll be alright."

Stiles huffs and grabs her hoodie, "Hey, text me, please."

"I will as soon as I can."

Maggie lifted her glass of wine up while she went through the next essay she was grading as Paige threw the door to the house open. Her eyes widen in shock, "Whoa, hey, don't break the door. Paige, why are you not at the game?"

"How does Peter Hale recognize me?" Paige demanded in a fury of anger and another wave of emotions, "Amd don't try to play it off. Or brush it off. You know more than you're letting on. Far more. In fact, if Peter Hale of all people recognizes me even though I don't ever remember meeting him, then you know about the supernatural i.e. werewolves. So start talking or I'll just go straight to the Argents instead."

Maggie didn't even move at first before she swigged the rest of the wine in her glass down, "Sit down."

"I really don't want to sit down." Paige huffs while opening and closing her fists at her sides, "If Peter knows me does that mean Derek does too, right?"

"Paige, please-" Maggie whispers while grabbing the side of her head, "Take a seat."

"Just answer the fucking question."

"Paige!" Maggie barks, incredibly shocked to hear her curse like that, "Language."

"I could care less if I curse or not." Paige noticed how Maggie was offering her something sweet, "No. Talk to me now."

Maggie pulled her hand away slowly, "How much do you already know?"

"That the Hales are werewolves, and Peter knows me and I'm assuming more of our family. And that Chris Argent and my father were basically besties."

"Your mom's best friend was Talia Hale." Maggie sighs while running a hand down her face and pinching the bridge of her nose, "Talia is Peter's brother and-"