70: Nothing Dull Happens in Beacon Hills

Paige didn't even move from the floor, she was too busy staring at the dead crows that surrounded the entire class

Paige didn't even move from the floor, she was too busy staring at the dead crows that surrounded the entire class. She was the last to stand up after all the chaos of the room and no one seemed to speak for a few minutes. There was just silence as though everyone was still trying to wrap their heads around what had just happened.

"What-" Christine started while wiping the blood from her face, "-the actual fuck just happened?" She placed her hands on her hips, not at all reacting to the injuries she had received from the attack. Christine threaded her fingers through her hair before sighing and assisting Paige to her feet, "God damn. How'd they miss you?"

"They didn't." Paige admits. There were definitely a few times when a crow had hit her but she's just stupidly durable. "They just couldn't tear my skin."

Christine gave her cousin an odd look but for once decided to not ask upon it. At this point, Christine was genuinely beginning to joy the normality that was Beacon Hills, or as normal as it gets in comparison to the constant hunting trips she would go on because of her father's real job.

"You're good though, right?"

Paige's brows raised in surprise at the question and hadn't said a word despite opening her mouth to respond. In no way was she expecting any sort of pleasantries from her cousin. After all, her attitude was horrible. "I'm good."

Stiles practically butted his way to get to Paige as he looked her over in concern. He had just finished checking on Lydia and instantly scurried to his best friend.

All the young teen did was laugh at her friend and brush her fingers through her hair to try to fix the unruliness of her hair after the attack. She glanced back at Stiles after getting as many of the knots out as possible, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, only a few scratches." Stiles responds while looking right out the window, "What is happening?"

Paige raised her hand up and scratched at the back of her neck, "Not entirely sure, but I can definitely say this is not a good sign at all."

Stiles kept his eyes out towards the window, "We should call Sc-" His words died out in the back of his throat at the sound of something crinkling. He instantly shot a look at Paige, "Are you eating candy?"

"I'm nervous." Paige mumbles with a mouth full of M&Ms, "Do you see how many dead birds are in our classroom?"

"Yes!" Stiles waved his arms around to indicate that he could obviously see them all, "Which is why I find it absolutely insane that you can eat candy right now."

Lydia crossed her arms over her chest from beside them, "Can I get some?"

"Sure." Paige poured some in Lydia's hand when parents started to flood into the room. Her Aunt Maggie sent Paige a check in text since she was at work. Odette walked into the room and went straight over to Christine.