20: Back to school

Paige stared up at the roof of her room

Paige stared up at the roof of her room. Her Uncle had left last night, he said he had to get back to his family. Which Paige learned she had a cousin, his name was Oz and he was adopted. Her Uncle's husband was this sweet Asian man by the name of Eugene, he was extremely sweet and asked if Paige would at all come visit. Which was still up in the air since she didn't really know just yet. But Uncle Richard said he'd send cards for Holidays and a card for her birthday.

And her aunt was still not talking to her about her family. Maggie basically said she didn't want to talk about it right now and just pushed it away. She didn't even try to act normal either. She just ignored the entire topic if Paige tried to bring it up. Maggie would just change the subject.

Listening softly to the radio, the music stopped so the local news could play, "Beautiful Monday morning, Beacon Hills High School is back open after being closed Thursday and Friday. Police search continues for alleged killer Derek Hale-"

"Nope." Paige swung over and turned her radio right off. She swung her legs over the side of her bed. Paige instantly moved into the bathroom and got her pail of water to water her plants on her window sill. She trailed her finger along one of the buds before placing the pail on the ground. Paige peered out the window with a long sigh.

Last night she got a drunk call from Stiles, she ended up listening to him list every reason why he loved Lydia Martin. He said she was gorgeous about ten times and refused to let Paige hang up until he got to his last point. Which only ended when he passed out on the other side.

Getting dressed for school, since they were allowed back on campus after they got the windows and various walls and roofs fixed. Paige was actually kind of grateful because school was her normalcy now. Getting homework and participating in class was more comfortable than sitting at home with an Aunt that was practically ignoring her every question.

Paige grabbed her bag and ran out her door, ignoring the breakfast her Aunt had made her. Instead she grabbed a poptart from one of the boxes and a carton of chocolate milk and was off.

Kate Argent sighed and just as she helped Allison, she stopped her niece from leaving the car, "That girl. Is she one of your friends?"

"Paige?" Allison questions when she caught sight of the teen who always wore that red hoodie, "Uh, she's friends with Scott and Stiles. I don't know her that well other than that."

"Oh, okay. She just looked familiar is all." Kate smiled and waved her niece off, "You're welcome, by the way."

Allison laughed out, "Thank you."

Kate waited until Allison was gone and turned to her brother, "Is that-"

"It is."

Stiles rushed over to Paige as she walked into the school, "How embarrassing was I last night?"

"Do you want me to list everything you said to me?" Paige asks him with a bemused face while biting into the poptart, "Because just repeating it would embarrass me."