8: Their problems are my problems

Paige pulled the spoon out of her mouth and pointed it over at Scott, "Yeah, but dreams aren't memories

Paige pulled the spoon out of her mouth and pointed it over at Scott, "Yeah, but dreams aren't memories... From what I know they're not memories."

"Then it wasn't a dream." Scott responds firmly, dodging some of the pudding that came off her spoon, "Something happened last night, and I can't remember what."

Stiles was still pretty displeased with both of them since they thought it would be best to talk to the man they threw in jail, "What makes you so sure that Derek has all the answers?"

"Because during the full moon he wasn't changed." Scott explains which caught Paige's attention as she continued to eat her sweets instead of her actual meal, "He was in total control while I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy."

"Mm-" Paige kept the spoon in her mouth as she spoke, leaning forward on the table, "You don't exactly know that. What if it wasn't even you? Maybe you were trying to protect him."

"I don't know that." Scott groaned loudly and dropped his head on the table in complete dismay, "I can't go out with Allison. I have to cancel."

"No-" She grabbed hold of his head and rubbed it softly, "No, no. No cancelling, okay? None of that. Right, Stiles?"

"Right." Stiles agreed firmly, "You can't just cancel your entire life. We'll figure it out."

Lydia suddenly appeared and took a seat at the table with them, "Figure what out?"

"Just... Uh..." Scott seemed just as flabbergasted as the other two by her sudden appearance, "Homework."

"Yeah..." Stiles dragged on before leaning close to Paige, "Why is she sitting with us?"

Paige only gave him a small shrug before switching her burger for his pudding cup. Which he didn't even argue with as he took a fry off of her plate. Soon others joined at their table, leaving Paige boxed in between Stiles and Danny.

Jackson stood at the end of the table with his lunch, "Get up."

Another member of the lacrosse team groaned as he stood up and moved, "How come you never ask Danny to get up?"

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot."

Paige leaned back a little bit and sipped on her juice box with pursed lips. She wanted to laugh so badly at his retort because that was hilarious to her. She genuinely liked Danny, he wasn't a bad guy at all even though his best friend was Jackson.

"So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack." Danny chimes in after a small amount of silence, "Probably a cougar."

"I heard a mountain lion."

With her brows furrowed, Paige says, "But a cougar is a mountain lion."

"Who cares?" Jackson sent a glare over to his very preppy teammate, "The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway."