69: Attack of the Crows

Paige rubbed at the side of her as she woke up the next morning

Paige rubbed at the side of her as she woke up the next morning. For some reason she's had a constant headache for a while and it was just barely beginning to go away. Paige just assumed that it was because of the lack of sleep she has been having. Or maybe stressing herself out with all the training.

"Paige! If you don't get up and eat now you'll be late!"

Slowly, Paige lifted herself out of bed and stretched her body out. She smiled while looking at her windowsill of plants. Maggie had apparently taken care of all of them when she wasn't here. It was nice to see them all healthy and happy. Now that Paige really thought about it, it now made sense to why she liked plants so much. Her morning routine was to tend to her plants, eat breakfast, shower, brush her teeth, and then finally get dressed.

She slid into the kitchen with her fuzzy socks on and reached for a waffle on the island. Paige dropped on one of the stools and reached for the strawberry jam. She turned her head to notice Maggie laying on the couch, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just got an upset stomach." Maggie groans and rubs her belly before shooting a reassuring smile to Paige, "Must have been last night's dinner."

"I'm just fine." Paige points out while dropping whipped cream on the waffles, "Don't tell me you're dying from pasta? Was it the noodles or sauce that will cause your eventual demise?"

Maggie snorted at her niece's goofy and playful attitude, "Oh, I think you're going to be just fine without me."

Paige let out a mock gasp and put her hand to her chest, "I could never."

Maggie groaned as she pulled herself up from the couch, "Those waffles look good too." She shook her head in sadness, "Don't get old, Paige. Nothing sits right in our old lady stomachs."

"You're not old." Paige snorts while taking a large bit of her breakfast and getting whipped cream all over her face. She released a high pitched squeal and shook her legs in pure bliss, "I love sweet foods."

"I know." Maggie laughed at her and sat across from her after taking a couple papaya enzymes for her stomachache, "Right, it's back to school night at my school today. So just don't get in any trouble or die tonight."

"Don't plan on it." Paige says calmly before stabbing a strawberry with her fork and devouring it, "Honestly, I think Scott is going to try and figure out how to keep a tattoo on his skin."

Maggie tapped her fingers on the countertop for a couple seconds before releasing a long sigh, "He should ask Derek."

Paige looked up at her aunt through her lashes, surprised to hear her say anything about Derek. Since she moved back home, Paige and Maggie hadn't actually discussed the fact that Paige was meant to be with Derek and how to go about this situation. "Why?"

"Derek asked about tattoos when he was younger. I can only assume he got an answer."

Paige flung her fork in the direction of her aunt, causing some of the sauce to smack her in the face, "You're right! He has a triskelion tattoo on his back."