42: Lines of a War

Stiles looked at Paige while the two of them sat in class together, Scott had left momentarily but Stiles was a little too busy with something else on his mind, "You felt Lydia's pain from the scream last night?"

"Mmhm." She hums in response while leaning back in her chair, "I didn't know it was Lydia, but good to know."

"Did you feel anything else?"

Paige furrowed her brows together, "Fear. She was scared. Incredibly scared of something. I don't know what it was cause it wasn't like I was incepting her or anything. But I can tell you that she was absolutely terrified of something. Plus, she must have screamed pretty loud for it to hurt like that. And for me to feel it."

Stiles pressed his palms against his face, "Do you think it's a side effect to the bite?"

Paige reached over and pulled an oatmeal creme pie cookie from her bag, then tossing one over to Stiles, "Possibly."

"Have you... been experiencing anything out of the ordinary?"

Taking a bite of the cookie, Paige glances over at him with a deadpan look, "You mean besides everything happening to me that's out of the ordinary?"

Stiles shoved the entire cookie in his mouth nervously and agreed, "Good point."

"Could you two talk any louder?" Christine lets herself be known from her spot at the end of the classroom, "You might as well announce to the Principal that you're involved with extracurricular activities. I'm sure Principal Argent would love to hear all about it."

Stiles and Paige looked at each other at the same time before they turned their attention back to the front of the class. Neither were particularly excited that Principal Gerard matched Christine's classes with Paige's classes.

"Do you have a snack on you, Paige?"

Paige shut her eyes and pulled a twinkie from her bag, she tossed it to Christine and faced the front of the class again. She didn't really want to dislike Christine in any way but this girl was so brusque and aggressive.

"Anything besides sweets?" Christine asks while holding the twinkie package in her hand, letting the plastic crinkle a little bit, "Like... I don't know chips or jerky?"

Paige slumped her shoulders a little bit and noticed how Stiles started to scratch the back of his head. She inhaled and then exhaled slowly, "No."

"Why not?" Christine continues to press on while opening the twinkie package, "Those are pretty normal snacks, plus they're really good. You'd probably like the teriyaki jerky."

"I don't like salty foods." She answers simply, trying to actually do her work now. Anything to do other than talk to her cousin.

"Why?"

Paige rubbed at the side of her head a little bit before biting into her cookie. She turned back to her cousin, "I don't know. It's a personal preference of mine."