17: One long night

Paige practically slammed directly into the door like she was in a cartoon and went falling back on the ground

Paige practically slammed directly into the door like she was in a cartoon and went falling back on the ground. She released a groan and accepted the help from Scott and Stiles as they grabbed her arms to bring her up from the floor. She instantly went back towards the door and pushed at it, but the doors wouldn't budge at all.

"Uh-" She basically hit it the next time and looked over at the other two who were also struggling, "It's not opening."

"I think something is on the other side of the doors." Stiles grumbles under his breath while pushing harder on the door.

Scott was able to get the door partially cracked open so he could look outside, "It's a dumpster."

"He pushed it in front of the door to block us in." Stiles slammed his body against the door again, but Paige and Scott had backed away already, "Come on, help me."

"Stiles-" Paige grabbed onto his arm and pulled him away, "Stop, stop! The more noise we make, the easier it is for the Alpha to find us."

Stiles shrugged her off of him and turned back down the hall as they continued to walk, "I'm not dying here. I'm not dying at school."

"Stiles, come on, we're not going to die." Paige sighs while crossing her arms over her chest, "I'm sure we'll find a way out. Besides, the Alpha wants Scott in his pack so... he at least won't die."

"Oh, great. That's so helpful." Stiles scoffs and threw his hands up in the air, "A psychotic werewolf who's into teen work. That's-that's beautiful."

Scott stopped the two of them and pointed out the window, "Uh, he's right there."

Paige turned her head and grabbed onto the two of them, "Let's-Let's run."

"But it hasn't-"

A scream left her lips when the Alpha went running towards the open windows. Paige turned around and heard the windows crash open, meaning the Alpha was definitely behind them. She pushed the doors open to the stairs, she grabbed onto the railing and hopped over the side so she was further down the stairs.

"That's not fair!" Stiles yells out once she noticed that he was in the back of the group,
"Paige is the fastest so she can run!"

Paige turned back as she ran, "We won't leave you behind, idiot!"

"I'm starting-" Stiles huffed while trying to keep up, "-to doubt that."

"Guys, stop talking." Scott told them in a hurry since he didn't want the Alpha to keep trying them by the sound of their voices. Paige and Stiles usually went at it for a while so stopping them early was the best thing he could do.

Paige listened and shoved the doors open to the boiler room, which was making it feel like they were really in a horror flick. She stopped running and pressed her back against a bunch of old lockers. She stopped Scott and Stiles from running any further. She wanted to hold her breath so the alpha couldn't hear her breathing but it was kind of hard since they were just sprinting around. She bent over and placed her hands on her knees, inhaling deeply she stood up straight and glanced at her friends.