12: Into the Woods

Paige sat in class, she rubbed at the back of her neck softly and exhaled

Paige sat in class, she rubbed at the back of her neck softly and exhaled. It kind of felt like she slept bad on her neck, but not a specific side of her neck. Just directly on the back of her neck like something very pinching. She reached again and rubbed at the area with a long sigh.

She kind of felt extremely exhausted. Which was pretty rare since she was almost always full of energy. Paige really craved something sweet now. She kind of wanted some Italian ice or something like that. But she compromised with the bottle of soda in her backpack. She had too many sodas, which she made sure to keep some in her locker.

Her head slowly turned to look over at the door of the classroom. It was her study time currently meaning she didn't have to stay in the classroom. And she felt like getting up and going for a walk now. Like she wanted to really badly leave the room.

So that was what she did. Paige gathered her bag and got up, telling her teacher that she was done for the day. Wasn't abnormal for Paige to leave early but she did not do it often. And lately she had to do it quite often for her friends.

Paige held her bag close to her while walking down the hallway. The last time she did this, Paige felt like she was wandering absentmindedly. This time she wasn't trying to figure out where she was going or was unfocused. She just kept walking even though she had absolutely no idea where she was going. She just figured she'd find out where she was going because lately her body just popped her into random places.

"Ah!" She pointed when she noticed Derek leaving the locker room. Quickly, Paige raced after him, feeling a weird pinching in her neck again, "You! I knew it!"

Derek had to stop at the sound of her voice, he turned back with a glare before grabbing her arm and bringing her to the closest available empty room. "You're loud."

"I know that. That's not shocking news at all." Paige says without even batting an eye while pulling her arm away from him, "Are you looking for Scott? I think he might have ditched today."

"No, I'm not."

"Oh." Paige scrunched her brows together and pressed her hand at the back of her neck, "Are you hurt... again?"

"No-" Derek stopped his words completely when he noticed how she was grabbing her neck, "What are you doing?"

"Hm?" She instantly dropped her hand to her side, "Oh, nothing. I'm-What are you doing here if you're not looking for Scott? Did something bad happen? Is something bad happening? Like bad-bad? Incredibly bad? It has to be if you're here and Scott isn't here. Do I need to-"

"Stop. Stop talking for one minute."

Paige instantly shut her mouth but couldn't help herself, "Okay, that was pretty rude, but I should expect that from you since you're kinda scary and have that vibe going off of you. And I... I'll close my mouth now because you look like you might rip my head off..."