34: Paige of music

Stiles threw his pillow at her, "You kept this from me! Are you kidding?"

"I was just seeing if anything would happen-"

"This isn't funny. Or the time to sit and wait. You were bitten by an Alpha." Stiles saw incredibly upset with her and right before he was about to fall asleep too, "That's why your leg hurts so much? Paige... Your leg still hurts?"

"Yeah, it didn't heal like Scott's did." Paige admits to him while lifting the fabric of her shorts to reveal the bandage and then she ripped it off. "I think... whatever I am might be stopping me from changing, like I'm immune or something."

Stiles gagged and raised his hand up, "Gross, cover that up. It's disgusting."

"Jee, thanks." She mumbles while moving her shorts down a bit to cover the injury, "I know it's gross, I have been dealing with it for a while now. I just... I think Peter might have known more about me than he was saying. And now my closest lead is dead."

"Well-" Stiles scratched the back of his neck while rolling over in the bed, he wanted to get a little bit of sleep even if he was worrying about Lydia, "Your aunt knew him... so your closest lead would be her."

"But she won't talk to me." Paige pulled the blanket over the both of them while plopping her head down on the pillow next to his, "All she does is say I can't stay here forever and I'll eventually have to come back. No apologies. No saying she has more for me. Just... nothing."

"Hey-" Stiles whispers tiredly with a small frown on his face, "You can definitely stay here forever if you want. As long as you let me sleep before morning practice."

Paige only gave him a smile and nodded, "Alright. We should both get some kind of sleep."

She noticed how Stiles had instantly passed out after she said that. Paige couldn't blame him, he was really out searching for Lydia. And she knew how much he genuinely liked her since she was also beginning to like her as well- as a friend at least. Paige was originally going to go out and help search but of course she got sidetracked by this weird supernatural connection she has to Derek. Who absolutely pissed her off because he was so willing to use her crush as a means of manipulation.

Standing in the hall of the school, Paige tilted her head in a feeling of tranquility as she listened to a beautiful melody. She knew the instrument because she had always had a knack for musical instruments. Paige played the cello and piano growing up, but she stopped at some point in middle school. And this was a cello playing. It was Ellen's Chants, D. 839 III. Ave Maria. She learned how to play that song when she was about nine years old.

She remembered her aunt saying it was so weird that that was the song that clicked for Paige. She played it pretty flawlessly for someone who only started to learn the cello a few years prior. And it was weird for such a young girl to know how to play the cello, but for some reason Paige just picked onto it. After she turned ten, Paige refused to play that song and then went on to learn to play piano instead.