18: Much more to the story

Paige looked back at the many decisions she made in her life and wondered how that combination of them led to her being here at the school in the middle of the night

Paige looked back at the many decisions she made in her life and wondered how that combination of them led to her being here at the school in the middle of the night. Where one of her best friends was a werewolf and was wanted by another carrier werewolf.

"Can somebody please explain to me what's going on, because I'm freaking out here." Allison's panicked voice broke Paige's thought process and brought her back to reality, "And I would like to know why, Scott?"

But Scott didn't say a word. He was almost paralyzed and so unsure of what to do. So Stiles stepped up and informed them, "Somebody killed the janitor."

Lydia choked, "What?"

"Yeah..." Paige mumbles while playing with the ends of her sleeves, "The janitor's dead..."

"What are they talking about?" Allison asks Scott, she wanted to laugh this all off but it was so solemn, "Is this a joke?"

"What-" Jackson interjected this time, still trying to wrap his head around all of this, "Who killed him?"

"No, no, no, no-" Lydia backed away with wide eyes, "This was supposed to be over. The mountain lion killed-"

"No, don't you get it?" Jackson hissed over at her like she was an absolute moron, "There wasn't a mountain lion."

"Who was it?" Allison demands, but she was obviously asking Scott, they were all looking to Scott to answer their questions, "What does he want? What's happening? Scott!"

"I-I don't know." Scott stammers out as he grabs his head, "I-I just- If-if we go out there, he's gonna kill us."

"Us?" Lydia repeats back to him, "He's gonna kill us?"

"Who?" Allison asks, "Who is it?"

"It's Derek." Scott suddenly answers quickly, making Stiles and Paige gape over at him, "It's Derek Hale."

Jackson didn't entirely buy it, "Derek killed the janitor?"

Allison wasn't exactly convinced either, "Are you sure?"

"I saw him."

Lydia tried again, "The mountain li-"

"No, Derek killed them." Scott pressed further, which made Paige shut her eyes because she saw this as a very bad idea.

"All of them?"

"Yeah-" Scott confirms, "Starting with his own sister."

"The bus driver?"

"And the guy in the video store-" Scott continues on, which was making Paige even more stressed, "It's been Derek the whole time. He's in here with us. And if we don't get out now- He's going to kill us too."

"Call the cops." Jackson demands.

Stiles' head shot up at the mention of the police, "No."

"Wh-" Jackson was taken aback, "What do you mean no?"