11: Far Longer Than Forever

Paige stared up at the roof while laying on the couch with her legs up on her aunt's lap

Paige stared up at the roof while laying on the couch with her legs up on her aunt's lap. Her aunt was busy watching some random show, which she assumed was either Grey's Anatomy or Scrubs. But Paige could not particularly tell at this point. And Paige was busy snacking on chocolate covered almonds and thinking.

She would always get lost in her own thoughts, it was something she liked to do. Paige needed time to think things through. And with everything happening right now she needed time to think away from her werewolf friend. All those problems following them around because of one night in the woods.

Paige even realized that it could have been her as well. If she had stayed with Scott, she could have been in that situation. Where she was bitten by that scary Alpha, which she was grateful she hadn't seen yet. Or she might be even more afraid of what Scott and Derek could do. Speaking of...

"Aunt Maggie." Paige starts, not even moving from her spot at all. Her hands were on her stomach, folded over one another as she continued softly, "When did you start finding guys attractive?"

Maggie coughed, this was never a conversation she had to have with Paige. She never brought it up so there wasn't a need. Paige never brought up boys. Her two best friends were boys. So Maggie just felt like Paige was not one to really openly talk or maybe she just didn't like boys. So to suddenly hear her talk about attractive guys, that made her choke on her food.

"What?"

"I just-" Paige reached for another chocolate almond and ate it before speaking again, "You can find a person attractive and... that be it, right? Nothing else?"

"I-" Maggie breathed out and ran a hand through her messy waves. This was not a conversation she was prepared for. It was never a mother and daughter relationship, it was always this cool aunt kind of thing or even a guardian/roommate relationship. "I mean, do you have a crush on this attractive guy?"

"I don't know." Paige pressed her palms against her stomach and crossed her legs while still on her aunt, "I'm not sure what a crush is even like. I mean, I think I've had crushes on boys before. I used to really think Scott was cute, you even teased me about that."

"And because I teased you-" Maggie pointed out, "You made it your mission to prove that he was only a friend. Please tell me this isn't the same as that? I want you to have crushes and have your heartbroken. Not that I want that to be cruel. I just want you to be a normal teenager."

Paige released a long laugh, "I'm not exactly normal, but thanks."

"Well, is this boy different?"

"He scares me."

"Scares you?"

"He's intimidating. But I don't know if this is a crush." Paige swung her legs over the side of the couch so she could sit up and lean into her aunt, "I just think I find him attractive."