19: Maternal Ancestry

Jason Ralph as Richard "Richie" Sommers

Paige rolled over in her bed, it had been about a day since the incident at the school and her Aunt was in Hulk mode

Paige rolled over in her bed, it had been about a day since the incident at the school and her Aunt was in Hulk mode. She was beyond upset with her for being involved with something this dangerous. Maggie knew that her niece practically clung to Stiles and Scott because of their friendship, but being almost murdered in the middle of the night was not okay.

"I've got your dinner." Maggie says from the door of Paige's room, "Come out and eat."

Paige sat up in the bed and sent a glare at her aunt. Maggie restricted sweets from her, saying it was punishment for her late night shenanigans.

"No glares, just food."

With a sigh, Paige trudged out of her bed and into the kitchen. She dropped down in her seat and stared down at the food. It was pasta. She wasn't really hungry.

Maggie stared at her niece, it was uncomfortable to see how different she was when she didn't have sugar for more than a day. She sighed and poked at her own plate of food as the news played in the background. Slowly, Maggie blinked and turned to look at the screen because she heard a certain name.

"Would you turn that crap off?" Paige demands while taking a bit and leaning her head against her arm, "It's annoying and full of shit."

"Paige!" Maggie scolded but did comply with shutting off the T.V. "That crush you were talking about. You said he was scary and intimidated you, right?"

Paige blinked a few times and looked up at her Aunt, "Yeah, and?"

"Were you talking about Derek Hale?"

Maggie watched her niece's movements, or lack thereof, Paige didn't even move at all. It was like she suddenly held her breath, which only proved that Maggie was right.

"Derek Hale? The guy that tried to kill not only you but all of your friends. A guy who has killed people already? That's the guy?" Maggie couldn't believe this, what is with the Sommers family and badass men, "Paige... How did you meet him?"

Paige dropped her fork on the table and kept her eyes on her food.

"Paige."

"I went out with Scott and Stiles-" Paige explained to her aunt slowly, "Scott dropped his inhaler so I went with them to find it. Derek happened to be there too..."

"Where?"

"The woods."

Maggie released a long sigh and stared at her niece, "You do realize that this crush is even worse now that he's a wanted criminal?"

"I don't think he did all of those things." Paige points out, she knew he didn't but it was easier to word it that way to her aunt. "I think it was someone else."