15: What kind of dog are you?

Paige sat in the backseat of the jeep with her head in her hands

Paige sat in the backseat of the jeep with her head in her hands. She rubbed at her temple before opening her eyes to look between the two of them. "When I said fill me in. I thought it was going to be like... minimal. But this is a lot to take in all at once. And I'm without my snacks right now because you decided to give me two seconds to get out of my house."

"Well, it's not our fault you dipped today."

"I didn't dip."

"Oh, yeah?" Stiles parked the jeep and then turned to look at her, "What were you doing then?"

"Family stuff." Paige admits to him.

Scott grew concerned and instantly faced her, "Is something bad going on with your aunt?"

"No, nothing like that-"

"You better actually tell us everything." Stiles gave her a pointed finger with a frown on his face, "You're the one who's always sunshine and friendship. That means you know keeping this information from us isn't exactly in the best friend code."

"Fine. But can we just finish what we're doing here tonight then." Paige crawled out of the jeep behind Scott, "Which, by the way, is a terrible idea. Like beyond bad because I don't think I'm getting sleep tonight."

"Yeah, I know."

Stiles eyed Scott while walking around his jeep to meet with them, "But we're still gonna do it?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders with his hands tucked deep into the pockets of his jacket, "Can you think of something better?"

"Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away."

"No, you're not." Paige informs him with a brow raised and her own hands in her pockets, "You're the exact opposite. You want to solve every problem, as long as that problem doesn't involve you personally. Hence why you want to know what's happening with me."

"You-" Stiles' face twisted up as he pointed at her but then let his arm drop to his side, "You're not allowed to be smart with me."

"I wasn't being anything."

"Just-" Scott interjects before an argument could ensue, "-make sure we can get inside." Stiles then pulled out bolt cutters from his trunk as Derek pulled up, "He's here."

"I still think this is a bad idea."

Scott shoved her slightly when Derek got out of his car, "Where's my boss?"

"He's in the back."

Stiles peered into the backseat, "Oh, well, he looks comfortable."

Scott just nodded his head and turned towards the school, making Paige and Stiles turn to follow him.

"Wait." Derek called out as they faced him, "Hey, what are you doing?"

"You said I was linked to the Alpha." Scott explains, "I'm gonna see if you're right."