48: I have a feeling

Paige wished her hair was up now because she had a feeling she'd be moving around a lot today

Paige wished her hair was up now because she had a feeling she'd be moving around a lot today. Scott, Stiles, and Allison were with her coach's office after what happened in chemistry class. Paige wasn't exactly excited about having to go toe-to-toe with Derek's pack when she was about as useful as a cotton swab against a lighter. And she was a little embarrassed since she was having a conversation with Allison about her crush on Derek, while Derek was outside most likely hearing everything.

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia."

Allison sent him a look of concern, "Waiting to kill her?"

Scott could only nod his head, despite wishing this wasn't the case, "if he thinks she's the kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool."

"It's not her."

"Stiles-" Scott sighed, "She didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened."

"But nothing happened to me." Paige states out loud, which made Allison only look at her in confusion, which Paige sent her a look that meant she'll explain later.

"It doesn't matter." Allison interjects, "-because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

"Well, we're currently at school with your hunter grandfather as Principal." Paige points out softly, "So, he's definitely not doing anything here."

"What about after school?" Allison asks her, which made Paige grow solemn, "What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

Stiles sent her a look of bewilderment, "By three o'clock?"

Allison huffs and rams a hand over her face, "There could be something in the bestiary."

"Oh, you mean the nine hundred paige book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read?" Stiles shoots right at her with his natural sarcastic tone, "Good luck with that."

Paige rolled her eyes and had the urge to smack him, "She's trying, Stiles."

"I think I know someone who might be able to translate it." Allison offers, which made Paige and Scott smile over at her.

"Uh, I can talk to Derek-" Scott tells them all while releasing a long sigh, "Maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her. But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?"

Allison shot him a look, "What does that mean?"

"That you can't heal like I do." Scott informs her before gently adding, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

Allison moved to her bag and whipped out her crossbow, "I can protect myself."

Paige blew air from her mouth, "I also heal now. Granted, I don't want to be in pain so I might opt out on a fight."

Allison shut her eyes and turned to Paige in amusement since she was clearly missing something specific. She then turned over to look at Scott and noticed a very serious look on his face, "What? Did something else happen?"