54: Where have you been?

Paige genuinely liked being around her Aunt Odette, minus the scary hunter aspect

Paige genuinely liked being around her Aunt Odette, minus the scary hunter aspect. Odette was very kind to her, answering every question she could. All answers were the honest truth. And that made Paige feel incredibly grateful. She also taught her some simple moves of defense if Paige needed it along the way, Odette pressed that she could teach her more once she had more time. Which was a way of saying once this kanima business was dealt with, or the Derek business.

Odette pulled her phone out and read something before she grinned over to her niece, "All right, I've got some work to do. You know your way back to the hotel?"

"I know the way." Paige says with a rather small smile on her face, "It's getting dark soon anyway, so I should head there and check my messages. I probably have thousands from my friends."

"You sure you're good on your own?"

Paige halted for a moment and turned to face her aunt. Had anyone asked her that before? People usually just assumed she was all good and that was it. "Oh, uh, yeah, I'm okay."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Odette just stared at the smile on her niece's face and wondered whether that smile was real or not sometimes. She just nodded her head and watched as Paige walked off. Odette understood faking happiness. She had seen a lot of people like Paige in her life, where being that happy person was what others relied on in their lives. But now Paige needed someone like herself to help out. Odette sighed softly, Paige reminded her of Estelle in many ways, which in turn made her miss her sister.

Paige kicked at the ground while stuffing her hands into the pockets of the jacket she was currently wearing. She actually wondered if her friends had messaged her at all. They probably did since she didn't show up to school. Which was very rare for her to do. Paige did not like missing days, she usually had perfect attendance.

One thing Paige knew for sure was that someone got hurt today because she felt a little bit more in pain while doing the defense training with her aunt. So she'd need to ask what she missed. Paige was sure that people had been thrown around. As she was walking, Paige realized that she had zoned out.

"Oh... crap..." Paige huffed as she recognized the old train yard, she either just ignore the natural pull of her faeil powers or go to see what was happening. But as she stopped when she thought she saw Peter Hale. Her heart stopped in her chest, he wasn't opaque like a normal person was. She could see through him like he was a ghost. He was burnt and covered in scars and dirt. Like he just dug himself out of his own grave.

She felt a chill crawl down her back. Paige rubbed at her eyes and hoped that he wouldn't just be standing there anymore, but he still was. It wasn't as though he was staring at her, but it was like he was looking at someone else. Paige would definitely like to know what power caused her to trip out like this because she didn't like seeing dead people. Or... was someone else seeing dead people because if Peter was haunting her wouldn't he have bugged her by now? He was slightly knelt down, his back curved and hand raised. It looked like he was kissing someone without them actually being there. Then he looked up and the next thing made Paige flinch in pain. An echo of a scream filled her ears and all Paige could do was cover them, but it didn't stop the sound from coming.