39: No more masks

Paige closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side

Paige closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side. She focused on her hearing and could tell that Scott was speaking to Derek in the house. She opened her eyes to stop listening to them making her focus land on his black camaro. She didn't find the police entering his house any fair at all because it was obvious that Isaac's father abused him. Which was only going to make Isaac look like he did kill his father. But Paige knew him. He would never kill his dad no matter the abuse. It was like if Paige said she hated her aunt for lying to her. That wouldn't be a true statement. She still could be upset and love her aunt at the same time.

Closing her eyes while she inhaled, the second she opened them she scurried to her feet with wide eyes. Blinking, the form was no longer standing across the street. But she swore she saw Peter Hale standing across the street from her. Paige grabbed her thigh and squeezed at her wound. She flinched a bit from the pain since it was still healing. She rubbed at her eyes and opened them again. But he wasn't there.

"I'm losing my absolute mind." She whispers. It was almost like the time she saw through Derek and Kate's eyes, where the view was blurry but enough that you could tell who was standing there. Paige huffs and turns back to the house, she'd rather much be inside now. She didn't want to have some sort of spazz out because of her weird powers.

"According to the Hales-" Andre spoke to Odette while reading through the papers that he accumulated from the family, "It's none from their own pack. They don't know about any teen werewolves."

Odette rolled over on the couch to look at him, "I am not saying I do not trust them because they're one of the most respected packs and all.... But do you believe them?"

"I believe that someone killed my baby sister." Andre says firmly, he was incredibly irritated since they have been there for a few weeks and nothing has genuinely come up. So something wasn't adding up.

"Maybe we should ask the high schoolers." Odette offered as she placed her legs on the arm rest, "They'd most definitely know about it. Isn't there a couple Hales that are in school right now?"

"I heard that Talia Hale is a senior in high school." Andre confirmed while putting the paperwork down, "She's next in line."

"Mmhm." Odette swung her legs back over so she could get up, "Here's the thing, the Hales could be hiding the omega that killed Estelle. Why would they openly tell us about a rogue omega?"

"Why wouldn't they punish this omega?" Andre shot back over to her, even if he was angry over his sister's death he knew better than to just instantly blame them without concrete proof, "I understand protecting someone since packs are like family, but when a family member messes up we own up and fix it."

Odette stared over at her brother, "Then why do you want to leave?"

"Odette-"

"No, you are the best person to take over, Andre." She stated firmly with a scowl on her face, "You want what's best for this family yet you're willing to leave it. We need you."