21: Attics are usually dirty

Paige sat on the bench beside Stiles, she didn't particularly feel like practicing today and Coach never once said she had to get up

Paige sat on the bench beside Stiles, she didn't particularly feel like practicing today and Coach never once said she had to get up. He never really noticed her unless she had to be on the field for an actual game. She just didn't like practice but she could still play pretty well.

"You know..." Paige whispers when she notices Scott approaching from pretty far away, "Is Scott acting funny to you?"

"Wh-" Stiles sent her a confused look and then caught sight of him as well, "Why would you even think he's acting funny?"

She wasn't sure how she could answer that question for him, "Uh... A feeling."

"Mm, sure. Okay." Stiles rolled his eyes and lightly shoved her, "You're just jealous that Scott's finding out if Lydia is into me."

"And why would I be jealous?"

"Cause there is no way-" Stiles grins smugly while looking at her, "-that Derek could be into you."

Paige blinked her eyes a few times, "Thanks. I think I'm going to go practice."

"W-" Stiles realized what he said, "No, Paige, I didn't mean it in a rude way. I just-"

"You just forgot that some things are hurtful." Paige smiled at Scott, "See you on the field."

Scott didn't say anything to her, which Paige was lowkey expecting anyway. Paige felt the pain of certain people, that was very much true. But she also felt funny, like this weird dark feeling in the pit of her stomach. And she was certain it was because of Scott and the full moon. She almost felt more on edge, almost like after a girl gets her period. Like ovulation but almost worse. Somehow worse. Without cramps or that painful feeling. This sexual feeling, she was getting it right off of Scott.

Paige stood near Jackson with a frown on her face, she was on his team which was beyond weird today.

"You better not fuck up, Mercier."

"Ah-" Paige adjusted her helmet and pointed her lacrosse stick at him, "How's your neck?"

Jackson instantly glared at her, "Get out on the damn field, you'll be a defender."

"Yes, sir, you jerk." Paige wasn't one to curse but she always felt like cursing at Jackson. She usually cursed whenever she didn't have a lot of sugar.

"Hey, Paige." Danny smiled over at her as she approached him since she was goal, "On my side today?"

"Looks like." Paige tapped her lacrosse stick with his as they grinned at one another, "So, how's your boyfriend?"

"We're... okay."

Paige rose a brow as the other members got in line, "Uh... Are you sure?"

"He's distant." Danny admitted to her softly as he sighed, "I'm not sure what's really going on."