40: Looking through Glass

"You got another text from your Aunt?"

Paige nodded her head slowly and crossed her arms. She was watching Allison and Scott climb the rock wall, "Yep, she says she wants to talk to me but I don't really want to talk to her just yet."

Stiles pursed his lips and nodded his head in agreement, "I don't blame you. Talk to her when you feel like it, she's the one who messed up so she can't be demanding anything from you."

"Right! Which is why I didn't respond." Paige tells him with a slight jump to her words, "I just figured it would be her giving me a lecture since I still refuse to go home."

"Probably."

Christine poked her head between the two of them with a lopsided grin, "What are you two up to?"

Paige and Stiles pull away at the same time in shock by her sudden appearance. She was wearing P.E. clothes meaning she was in this class with them and just didn't make herself known just yet.

"Don't get quiet on my account." Christine says while stepping forward, her hands behind her back, "Unless you guys don't want me to hear something."

"I'm just talking about my Aunt Maggie." Paige answers her truthfully, which made Stiles make a face since none of them particularly trusted her, "I got a text saying she wanted to talk to me."

Christine pursed her lips in amusement, "Does she now? Wonder why."

Paige was about to say something when Scott went falling from the wall, but luckily he didn't hit the ground because he was being suspended by his ropes.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. Right?" Coach stood back up and faced the crowd, "All right, next two. Stilinski and Mercier. Blonde one. Let's go. The wall."

Christine tied her hair up in a pony tail and took the hooks from Allison, "How was your training last night?"

Allison stopped helping her put on the ropes and glared, "You knew about that?"

"Please, your dad's going soft on you." Christine rolled her eyes and adjusted the straps, "You should have started your training years ago. You were babied."

"Blonder Mercier, hit the wall."

Allison approached Paige as Christine and Stiles started to climb up the wall, "I really don't like your cousin."

"I don't ever want to say I hate anyone but..." Paige mumbles while watching them climb up, "She's not exactly my favorite person. She's kind of in the same rank as Jackson right now."

"Gosh, I don't blame you." Allison huffs as she crossed her arms over her chest, "She thinks she's so tough 'cause she was trained at a younger age."

"My only concern with my family being in town is that my family didn't even know who I am."

Allison furrowed her brows together, "Do you think my family would know anything? I mean, your dad and my dad were best friends."