Meeting

(Maria's POV)
It was tiring, so tiring.
After finally being let out of the stuffy courtroom, I walked out with a new sense of freedom. It was falling apart, but maybe that was the best for me and my family.

I could hear the social worker walking up behind me. She was a tall slender woman, pale skin and light blue eyes, looking faded by the days she's lived. Though she followed my case, I still hadn't paid enough attention to get her name. "Come on dear." She put a soft grip on my shoulder. "Let's get you to your new home." She probably felt sorry for me. That's fine, everyone did.

The story was that after a particularly nasty argument on the top floor of our apartment complex, my father had slammed my head on the metal fence, causing me to take an unconscious swan dive off the 5 floor building. I didn't remember any of it though. In fact, I couldn't remember my name, address, friends, and my father's abuse. As the pale social worker had explained to me, that was why my case took so long. "They couldn't get any evidence that you were abused dear," she would explain again, after I still didn't get it. "You forgot." After spending two months dragging in and out of court rooms and crooked hospital chairs, I was finally free to live with my new family. Freedom has never felt so good. Or maybe it has, and I just forgot that as well.

"Well deary, I wish you the best of luck in your new home. You know my number if you ever need something." The pale social worker said, eyes watering slightly. I didn't want to correct her that I didn't know her number, and that I in fact didn't even bother to memorize her name. "I guess this-this is goodbye." She choked back a shaky sob. I gave her an awkward smile and walked up to the door of my new home. Carefully, I knocked on the door, trying to sound as kind and gentle as I can (as if knocking on doors said anything.) I didn't know what to expect. An old couple, just married ones that were enthusiastic about their new life. What I didn't expect when I opened a door, was a man in smudged makeup, holding a black and white wig in one hand and a silicone ass in the other.

Manila's (Karl) POV:

Staring at the girl before me, I felt my dusty wig slip out of my hand. After a good ten minutes of staring, I finally came to my senses and slammed the door. "SUTAN! (raja)" there was only a squeaky "I'm busy" from the kitchen in return. "MARIA! SHE'S AT THE DOOR!" after a series of loud footsteps and shaking, sutan appeared by my side. "But- she was supposed to arrive in five hours- That's what-" I slapped him with the silicone ass I had in my hand. "Well she's at the door right NOW. And we look like the world's worst parents to have." As if on que, the doorbell rang, followed by a shaky "hello?" From what I supposed was our new daughter.

Quickly throwing my silicone ass on the ground and shuffling it under the couch (as if she didn't already have enough time to identify what it was in the time I spent ogling at her by the door), I put on a motherly smile just in time for Sultan to open the door. "Hi there!" I reached down a shaky makeup smudged hand. "I'm Karl." She looked up at me with a face of disbelief. "Hello there- I'm Maria." She took my hand gently. "Uh- Karl." In the background, Sutan gave out a held back snort. "I'm Sutan." He gave her a pat on the head. "Nice to meet you." She seemed to be more comfortable with sutan than he was with me, much to my immediate dismay. I was hoping to get to be the mother figure, that is assuming her social worker won't push her back into the car and drive all the way back to where they came from after what they've seen.

Surprisingly, it was the social worker that spoke up. "Well Maria, Don't just stand there." She gave her a motivating nudge. "Go see your new home!" I reached out to grab her two bags, but was beat to it by sutan's long ass arms. Taking the next least awkward job, I put an arm around Maria's shoulder and very uncomfortably hooked her in using my arm. "Sooo...what do you do for a living, uhh.... KARL." Part of me wanted to tell her that I was actually a silicone sculpter and that wig was actually a dead overgrown rat, but there was no way I would live that down. "Well, you see..." I fiddled with a loose thread on my pant pocket, trying to pretend that I was thinking. "Me and Sutan- we're drag queens."

To my infinite surprise, her face lit up.
"Like Manila Luzon?"

We might've been strangers just seconds ago, but she's definitely my daughter now, alright.

(A/N if anyone my magic reads this story, please note ummm not trying to do the formal tone on purpose. I think. It's hard to stop writing like that when you get used to it. Please don't mind it though!)