Dearest dad,

Sutan's POV:

My head was still ringing from what I had saw.

Perhaps it was just a dream- well, a nightmare. But looking the sulking Maria, I could tell that it was definitely real.

"Hey, do you mind all leaving for a second?" I asked quietly. Without many words, everyone filed out of the room, leaving just me and my daughter.

"Dad, I'm sorry-" she suddenly blurred out, tears flowing down from her face. Quietly, I stumbled out of bed, not being able to look at her anymore. Maybe it was how much she reminded me of myself. Maybe it was how much I reminded myself of my dad. It was a hard feeling to explain, still being haunted every night by the feeling of being left alone to fend off other people. The haunting feeling of not knowing if your parents will feed you at night or scream threats at you for never liking a single girl.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry-" Maria yelled from being me, sounding more desperate by the second. "Please, I really am- please," walking into my drag room, I rummaged through my things, grabbing my first aid kit. There was quiet sobbing from behind me. "Dad... please...".

She was caught by surprise when I grabbed her arm, shoving backwards. I tried to be gentle, mimicking Karl when he had applied the bandage, stopping when I saw her face wince. After a good few minutes, her arms were somehow both neatly wrapped up in white bandage. "Dad..." I could still see the anxious look on her face, waiting for an answer.

I didn't know how to say it- the wave of nostalgia, the feeling of abandonment. The feeling of hurt, anger. What was I supposed to do when I was now on the other end?

"Come here." I whispered, holding my hands out. Reluctantly, she stared at me as her face was laced in with confusion and hopefulness. "You're... not mad at me?" I could feel a warm tear drip down my cheek. "How could I ever get mad at my baby girl?"

I felt a sudden rush of warmth as she rushed into my arms, laughing like an idiot as tears still rolled down her face. Finally, I did it. I was able to give hope and happiness to a little kid, things that I always liked for in my childhood. A bit of happiness, a bit of bittersweet.

"I love you dad." She tugged on my shirt as she wiggles around like a little kid. "I love you."

I was finally able to say the one thing I had always wanted to say to her.

"I love you too." I whispered. "So, so much."

A/N: Short chapter, gettin some closure :)