Fatherly instincts

Sutan's POV:
"He woke up?" I asked excitedly to Kaliyah, who gave me a loud shush. "Keep it down, won't you? They're both asleep- that Gigi guy must be tired and Maria stayed up all night waiting for him to a wake up- give them a break."

"Sorry, sorry." I apologized in a hushed tone. I peeked through the cracked door, and saw them both asleep- with the drag queen straight as a fish stick in the hospital bed and Maria asleep in the chair next to him, with the upper half of her body flopped on top of the hospital bed. I twitched a little at the sight- it was wholesome I guess, but something was wrong about it- some thing that made me oddly angry.

When I told karl about this at dinner, he simply laughed in my face. "You're just becoming an overprotective dad." He laughed again. "But it makes me uncomfortable seeing her around that Gigi-" I tried to explain. He just laughed even harder. "You're just annoyed at the fact that your daughter was having a moment with someone else. Come on. That Gigi is practically like an older brother to her. And he's gay as hell." I must've still looked unconvinced, because Karl added "and he's got a boyfriend and is also six years older and would goto jail if he ever did anything-"

"I don't know." I told her , pointing my fork down at my meatloaf. "You know how she is. Gigi this, Gigi that. She's obsessed." Karl put down her fork. "Well, she clearly doesn't have a thing for him. She's all over Kaliyah." I spit out my wine. "Them? A thing? I thought they were supposed to be b-f-fs or whatever you call good friends these days-" Karl sighed.

"You really don't have a single clue on teenage girls, do you?"

I looked around. "I don't know. I still don't think that Gigi is good for her."

I couldn't help to think that I was wrong though, especially after I saw the look on her face when Karl agreed to let that drag queen stay at our house.

A/N: again, short chapter- so sorry!