Kidnapping the kidnapper

Maria's POV:
Just in case you were wondering, we only got a Kit Kat bar in the end. I really wanted to take her up on the "buy everything" plan, but I knew it would be a waste. I was constantly emotional and embarrassed because of the way I behaved. If I can tell that I sounded like a drunk five years old, everyone else probably can too.

"Over here dear," Bendela whispered as she pulled me backstage. "Just wait for them to call you up. You'll be great, don't worry!" She gave me a floppy thumbs-up. I nodded. From the gig before Karl and Sutan, a tall slender queen walked off, looking like a professional model. I did a double-take. Was that a drag queen or an actual woman? Suddenly, they turned over to me. "What's a kid doing backstage?" After the voice came out, I could confirm that this was just a man in really good makeup. "I- uh..." I looked around, scared at the concept that I was all alone with this stranger.

"You shouldn't be here." She reaches out to grab my hand. "This is a bar." "I'm with my parents-" I tried to explain to her, but that just made her look even more annoyed. "What kind of parents allows their kid to go to a bar with them?" She pulled at my wrist. "Come on. We are going outside." "My parents have a gig here! Manila and raja? You know they right?" I tried to pull back, but her grip was too strong. "They have a kid?" She stops to think for a second, but then immediately returns to pulling me away. "Well doesn't matter, because a kid shouldn't be in here! Why adopt a kid if you can't even take care of her..." I wanted to protest but decided against it. Who knows what this stranger can do when she's angry.

Being pulled outside, the tall drag queen finally let out a sigh. "Can't you be less stubborn? I'm doing this for your own good." "Am I not supposed to struggle when a stranger starts pulling me away?" I protested. She sighed. "Forget it. I'm Sam. Also go by Gigi. Gigi Goode." She turned over to me. "Say, when did your parents adopt you? You can't be biological-" I looked at her, slightly embarrassed. "... this noon." Very unfittingly, Gigi burst out in laughter. "Well, that's not what I was expecting." She skinned me over. "You could make a good bio queen. You have nice eyes." She mused. "Is that supposed to be a compliment." She laughed again. "Take it as one." After a short conversation, we were interrupted by a loud scream from what sounded like Ben. "OH MY GOD SHE WAS RIGHT HERE- IF SHE GETS LOST IT'S ALL MY DAMN FAULT-" "calm down, she's old enough." Another nervous voice responded.

Gigi stood up. "Well, I think maybe it's time to return you to your rightful owners." I winced at that word. Owners. I was so scared of that word, of being owned over by someone. Maybe I wasn't ready yet. "You okay?" Gigi asked nonchalantly. "Take me away." She looked at me, confused. "What?" "I'm not ready to go back." She looked at me like I was crazy. "You want me to kidnap you or something? What the hell does that mean?" I looked around for a good excuse, my eyes drawn to the large glowing sign of a McDonald's. "Let's get some food first." I promoted. She looked over at me, eyes wide. "You're crazy." I smirked at her.

"So we getting food or not?"