Car rides and facetimes

A/N: I couldn't stop thinking about how much juice's hairstyle and makeup looked like ongina's-

Raja's POV:
The car ride back home was silent.
From my rear view mirror, I could see that Maria still had a key clinched to her hand for defence. Part of me still couldn't believe it. She ran away With a complete stranger, and argued with us when we found her. Though, looking at her sad expression just made me want to apologize more.

"Hey, Maria," I started. "Look- I'm sorry about how I acted back there... I just- lost control for a second there." Part of me thought that she wouldn't answer because of how angry she was, but her response shocked me.

"You don't have to apologize. It's my fault anyways." Karl wrapped an arm around her, pulling her I got a hug that she sank into. "I know I can trust you guys, but I just can't let myself. It's hard." I sighed in relief. She wasn't angry with me. "Take all the time you need, dear." I gave her a small smile, that she returned. For a moment, everything felt like it was all okay. We were still a family.

"Well, me and your mom is going to go take off all thsi drag now." I called out from inside our room as Karl giggled from being referred to as "mom". There was a short "okay, good night" from not far away and the shutting of a door. "So, what a day, huh..." I said very awkwardly. I knew that Karl was still angry at me because of what I said. I would be angry too. "What a day because of you." He mumbled, rubbing off his makeup harshly.

Sigh.

I deserve it.

Maria's POV:
I tried to sleep, but I just couldn't. The image of my birth father, peering over my bed, reaching his hands out. Not only could I not sleep, I couldn't even close my eyes for longer than five seconds before losing it. I didn't want to call out for Karl or sutan. They've been tortured by me enough for one day. I wanted to call someone, but it wasn't like I had any friends- or if I did I sure as hell don't have their numbers. Then I remembered.

"What the hell maria? It's two in the morning!" A sleepy, angry voice came from my phone. "Shhhhhh. My parents will hear you." The other line sighed. "Don't you need sleep or something?" I gave a small fake laugh. "As if. I've already slept for who knows how many hours today. Hey, turn on your camera!" After another long sigh from the other end, the screen turned on to reveal a sleepy looking guy with curly hair and round glasses.

"What do you want?" The man mumbled into the camera. "So this is what gi looks like under all that makeup..." I mused. "Oh, shut up." He looked both embarrassed and proud of his face at the same time. "Gotta say gi, looking pretty good~" I fanned myself dramatically. "HEY, wait a minute... don't think you can get away with calling me that retarded nickname just because you gave me a complement!" He looked disgusted. "Get some
sleep and HANG UP already! I don't even know you-" "I can't sleep, gi." "And why is that?" He looked at me in annoyance. "Whenever I close my eyes, I always imagine that someone's out to get me. I'm always on guard." His expression turned from annoyance to slight worry, but quickly back to annoyance again. "Well, figure it out WITHOUT ME." He replied.

"Oh come on, gi." He let out a small sigh. "Fine, I'll stay on the pho-" suddenly, there was a sound of shuffling keys on the other end. "Uhh, I need to go Maria. Good luck sleeping."he looked suddenly rushed. "What? But you just said you're would stay on-" his expression turned from surprise to new found horror when the keys shuffling turn into the sound of the door unlocking. "I have other things I need to do, alright? Now bye-" the line hung up.

What's up with him?

A/N: I do understand that Gigi is gender fluid- but it was said in an interview that she is fine with any pronouns, as she indentifies with both genders. I'm still trying to figure out how to best tackle his pronouns, but I might just do she in drag and he out of drag just to not over complicate things.