Time passes

Maria's POV:

"I think that's finally the last of our stuff." I sighed in relief was Kaliyah slumped down on the floor. "What- how did you two come up with all this stuff to bring? We're only there for three nights-" gigi looked at us with a confused look on his face. "Gi, we're indecisive. Plus, most of our cases our empty so we can't buy things there." Gigi whispered something about maniacs as Kaliyah pulled out the Disney world map with an excited look on her face.

"Look at all this stuff! Roller coasters, slides, this place is insane!" Dad pulled up behind us with his suitcase. "Alright, kiddos. It's time for you two to goto sleep. We're leaving early in the morning, so you should get to it.

This night's dream started off a bit earlier, back when mom had first left home at 18.

"Come on, please- just bear with me until I'm old enough-" bri pleaded on the floor, her face laced with terror. "No. I don't need some sort of cross dresser as my son- get out- get out before I kill you!" His father screamed, shoving him into the wall. I followed him as he packed his things- stuffing wigs in, pictures of him and lexi- and- some other guy around the same age as him that looked oddly- well, something.

What happened afterwards was a mixture of days, weeks and maybe even years blurred together- he stopped going to school, started selling alcohol and passing around drugs- it was a full blur. he also spent some nights working at any gigs he could find, using his saved up money to call my mom at a telephone- after her own phone broke down. Every time, the line would go silent, playing the same mail address at the end and asking if he wanted to leave a message.

He would stand for hours In the cold, putting in all of his earnings for the week to try and call her over and over again- and when he finally ran out of money, he would always quietly whisper into the voicemail, "I love you lexi." And go off into the night again, working until he saved enough to come back and try again in hopes that one day he would finally be able to talk to her again.

Some nights, he also filed a different number- the number seemed familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it- but every time, he would stop himself and turn it back to my mom's number.

The other nights too- when he would run out of money and sell himself to earn it, turning to prostitution to survive. Yet he never gave up hope- still tipping through the streets, calling into phone booths, crying in alleys. Even though I didn't know him personally, for a small moment. Really did.

Eventually his gigs started to pick up- he began to get better ones more, make more money- ended up finally getting his own apartment after spending his teen years in the streets.

"Coming clean." As he called it. "For never again will I have to sell myself." He never stopped calling his sister, but now the attempts became more scarce. The same voicemails every time: "I love you, lexi." Though i wished-in every bone in my body he'd stop calling her- wasting his time. He had so much to live for- but it was impossible for me to tell him that.

"She can't be- she can't possibly-" he crumbled down on the floor as the same person from his photos hurdled around him. "Bri, you have to calm down. The doctors said that she still has a chance of recovering-" he patted bri on the back, tears welling up in his eyes. "My sister... my dearest sister-" he dropped down on the ground. "How did this happen..." the other man pulled the limp bri in for a hug. "She'll be fine- it was plainly a mental breakdown, she's fine physically. If she manages to return to her Normal mental state, she can still live her life normally."

he was still crouching down on the floor, holding his head. "What if she dies- what would happen then- and her daughter, would she go into foster care-" "don't worry, bri. Everything will be okay." Don't worry...

"STOP SLEEPING!"i jolted up from the sudden surprise. "ITS TIME TO GOTO DISNEY!"