Everything passes

Gigi's POV:
As soon as the car drives away, I pulled maria into a deep hug. Why did I every bring it up in front of Sutan- of course he would say something. I felt a slight bit of relief when she returned the hug. At least she wasn't mad at me.

"It's okay." I tried to comfort her. "Everything passes." She just kept crying into my jacket as if she didn't hear anything.

"Ria, tell the truth. Was it really blood from your hand?" I looked down at her. "You're not my mom." She responded half heartedly. "Oh come on. I know you better than your parents combined." She opened her mouth to protest, but closed it after a bit. "You didn't really hurt yourself, right? I mean- I know that you wouldn't- I'm just checking-"she looked down with a guilty look on her face.

"Maria- Don't tell me you actually did it-" I whispered hopefully. Slowly, she nodded. I pulled up her sleeve gently to reveal the long cuts, running down her arm.

Silence.

I wanted to ask her why she did it- but the answer was obvious. Thoughts swarmed my head as I could only hold onto her without saying a word. "You're mad at me, aren't you?" She asked quietly.

If I were as forgiving and nice as karl or as straightforward as Kaliyah, I might've been able to say no, and that all I wished was that she'd stop hurting herself and-

"I don't know, ria. I don't know about anything anymore." She gave me a small smile. "It's alright, gi. You've already done enough for me. You're good. And I wouldt never trade knowing you for the world."

For a moment, everything was alright. On the dark streets of la, many things happen. Anything can happen here. But clinging onto her, I was scared that if I let go, she would fall apart with no one here to save her.

She would be all alone in the busy streets, and life would move on without her. In a moment of great realization, sonder perhaps, I realized just how different everyone is. Maybe my brothers were off living their fantasy, but who was to say that they didn't also have their moments?

Who was to say that they didn't have to cling onto a person they cared about most, praying that they wouldn't fall apart in their arms.

"Ria." My voice echoed in the endless darkness.

"Let's go home."

A/N: this chapter was just mostly filler and to set the mood, hope you don't mind the boredom-