Let me in

A/N: warning right here- this chapter contains deep descriptions of self harm. Please proceed with caution.

Kaliyah's POV:

Much to my suprise, I wasn't the only one who didn't end up sleeping that night. In fact, no one in the house slept. Everyone, including Maria had pulled an unwilling all- nighter. I couldn't help but wonder how awkward Karl and sutan must've been though, laying there with their eyes wide not talking to each other for hours. I shivered just thinking about it.

"Morning." I told maria, who was already sitting up beside me. "Morning." She whispered back. I was worried about the condition of her hands- Karl hand bandaged them well but the all the soap she used must've damaged something and the white bandage Karl had put on was already mostly soaked with blood.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked her, trying to sound casual. She looked away. "Kaliyah, do you think that I'm cursed?" I looked at her, surprised. "Cursed? You can't actually be cursed- that's stupid!" She had a cold expression on her face as she jumped off the bed and walked away. "Of course that's what you would say."

We were all slightly anxious for her to enter the bathroom again- scared she was going to do something like what she did yesterday night. Karl stood by the door cautiously and Gigi peeked our from his room, ready to push her down if she started acting delusional again. I stood beside her brushing my teeth, trying to act like nothing's wrong.

To everyone's relief though, she just quickly brushed her teeth, washed her face and left. "What?" She asked with a confused tone, staring at Karl who was standing outside the door, hands out and ready to pull her back. For the first time in what felt like forever, I let out a laugh.

"So, we're having another gig tonight." Karl announced at breakfast. "We're all going- Gigi's got a gig there too." Maria looked excited. "Who else is going to be there?" Karl laughed. "Oh, you're going to love this. Katya and Trixie Mattel are also going to be there!" "KATYA?" Maria and Gigi exclaimed I'm unison, both sounding pretty disgusted. "Yeah! Isn't that exciting?" Gigi shook his head at the speed of light while Maria let out a loud groan.

"That's not exciting mom. I met Katya last time you and dad were filming- she was not amused." Sutan finally spoke up in an annoyed tone. "Well, you're just going to have to deal with it and stop whining." I saw Maria slouch down in her chair, her eyes welling up with tears. If looks could kill, I'm pretty sure that sutan would've been pinned to the wall by the cold stares he received from Gigi and Karl. I personally also gave a small stare, but didn't have the balls to hold it when he looked over at me.

Maria seemed fun enough at first glance, but I could tell she was still into something. The way that she talked, the way she stared at people, she was thinking about something.

I was scared to find out what that thing was.

Maria's POV:

I was thankful no one brought up a thing at breakfast- and even more so when no one said anything while mom was changing my bandages. I was scared- what else was I supposed to do if I couldn't get the curse off of me- I had to think of something. Quickly.

I flipped through Wikipedia articles and watched videos- Read through books and went on shady websites. Still, nothing. theres got to be some way to get it off of me- some way to not keep hurting the people around me. Everything was in a daze now- I could no longer focus my vision on one thing, and voices blurred together as they're any in my ears. All I could hear clearly was that I was a bad omen.

I had come to the idea somewhat naturally- the curse had to be somewhere. Somewhere in me. There was only one conclusion I could come to.

While everyone was relaxing in their rooms in the afternoon and Kaliyah was off to her meth class, I hid in a corner of my rooms, my back against the cold drawers of my bedside table. I pulled out my paper knife- I was scared of what was going to happen. Scare that I was going to hurt myself severely, scared that someone was going to see me. Sliding out the blade, my hand trembled as tears fell silently. I wanted to call out for help- tell someone. But who was there to tell? Closing my eyes, I cut my arm with the knife, feeling a deep unimaginable pain coming from my arm. When I opened my eyes, I could see a small cut on my arm. Breathing deeply, I examined the cut, looking for any problems.

Maybe, maybe if I bled enough, I would be able to let the curse roll out of me. That was ridiculous, even to me. It didn't make any sense, and crossed every line of logic. And yet, it was worth's. Try.

Closing my eyes, I went down for another cut.