Some things

Maria's POV:

I was in a small apartment, cleaned quite well but still quite full from its size. Huddling on the couch, there was a man in a large blue hoodie, sobbing to himself. Apon a closer look, I was caught by surprise to realize that the man was actually a slightly older version of my mom's brother- looking much more tattered and weak than the last time I saw him.

"Come on, bri. I'm sorry." Came the voice of my mom. "You don't talk to me for three years, and you suddenly call because you want to rub your perfect life in my face-" he mumbled, wiping the tears from his face. "This is why, isn't it- why he stopped talking to you. You're went your separate ways? You grew up? How stupid do you think I am... I've known you two my whole life- or at least long enough to figure out what you said was bullshit-" he crumbled down, tugging on his blanket.

"Bri... I'm sorry, I wanted to talk to you- but whenever I tried to call mom or dad would just stop me- bri, I didn't know what happened please-" the voice kept pleading. "Please, bri, I never knew that they kicked you out I would've let you-" bri stared down with a blank expression in his eyes. "You know what I had to do in order to eat, Alexis? I've sold my body, my dignity just to survive. And you, you did nothing to help me." His expression turned to twisting pain. "I thought that you were my hero, Lexi. I really did."

"I'm sorry. Please. You have to understand. Me and authur, we were struggling and- I just couldn't return to that household after all the pain I've endured there. Please." The other line gave a sigh. "Come to my wedding. You're the only family I have left." The pain was strung across his eyes.

"I'm not your family." He whispered. "Families talk to each other. They help each other. I had nothing these last three years except a pack pack of wigs and my own sanity." He ended the call with a click.

"Come to your wedding? What do I even give you? I'm nothing but skin and bones."

"Hey." Kali mumbled sleepily as she wobbled beside me. "Morning. Had any dreams?" I rinsed out the Brussels of my toothbrush, still think of his words.

"I've sold my body, my dignity-" what did he mean? What happened to them-

"I'll tell you about it later." I mumbled back to Kaliyah.

"Sooooo, kids, we have a special announcement to make." Mom clinked her spoon on her orange juice glass, with her smile all the way up to her eyebrows. "You two have been really good for some time- and everyone wanted some bonding time together-" me and Kaliyah stared at each other in confusion.

"SO WE'RE TAKING YOU TO DISNEY WORLD!" dad screamed, with his plate of pancakes wobbling along with his voice. "Disney world?" Me and Kaliyah exchanged excited faces as mom yelled at dad for "ruining his moment."

"DISNEY? Can you imagine all the things we're going to do there-" I whispered to Kaliyah, who nodded in agreement. Farris wheels and roller coasters, water slides and- my thoughts were interrupted by Gigi's loud screeching. "STAY AT THE HOTEL? Karl, have you lost your mind? We live an hour away- and with the money it takes to get a room, we might as well just build our own damn theme park-" mom shushed at him. "Now now, this is a vacation, not just a one day trip. If you're worried about money, me and Sutan's got you covered-" she looked back at use with and excited look. "Now girls, we're leaving tomorrow at 6 in the morning straight, so you two better be ready early-" "I'll just go to sleep now-" Kaliyah said wit a dreamy look on her face.

"May the fun begin!"