Dreams and reality

A/N: Can we just appreciate how stoned this penguin looks-
Also this chapter contains abuse and hints of sexual abuse, so do skip this one if you're uncomfortable with that-

Maria's POV:
I couldn't move. It was as if I was a piece of wood, glued down to the couch beneath me. A fat man had his hand around my neck and his other pushing down onto my stomach. My father.

"There there now," he let out a drunken laugh. "Your old man just wants some quality time with you." "Leave me alone..." I managed to mutter out. I watched in horror as his face changed to anger. "I JUST WANT TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER!" He pushed down harder on my stomach, his hand sliding downwards. "Like a normal parent." I could tell that's not all that he wanted. Suddenly, he smashed his face into mine, forcefully taking me into a kiss. Now with tears streaming down my face, I cried out for help, but it came out as a squeak.

"You're so beautiful... just like your mother." I felt his cold hand reach for the brim of my top. I wanted him to get off, I wanted to get away from him, but I was stuck. I wanted for everything to all just dissolve around me. He suddenly punched me in my face, tensing up. "You'll leave me just like her. I already know you will." He now pulled up my top completely, leaving me hopeless. "You won't believe how damn happy you looked when that social worker was in our house last week. You want to go." His face twisted into a dark smile. "But you'll never escape. Not on my watch."

I could hear myself screaming as my eyes opened violently, and I noticed Karl sitting by my bed with a worried expression. He asked me a series of questions, but all I could think of was that I had been freed. Freed by him, and sutan, and-

I couldn't ignore that small nagging voice at the back of my head.

Had I really been freed?

Even though Karl and sutan has nothing in common with my birth father, they were identical at that moment. I couldn't see if the person sitting by my bed was good or bad, all I could see was that they were going to use me. Or were they?

I felt alone. Delusional. But most what had scared me the most was that I felt like I belonged with my old father. Because I was just as crazy as him.

A/N: hope that this isn't too dark- it's not meant to be, but I need to do this for the story building- I'm so sorry~