The consequences.

A/N: okay I'm so sorry- I know this dosent fit the tone of this chapter but I HAD TO PLACE MY FANART HERE OKAY IM NARCISSISTIC- I drew manila in her all stars entrance look :) hope this didn't ruin the vibe of the chapter- enjoy reading!

Maria's POV:

In many ways, I was scared of what I was going to do to myself.

It all made sense in my head as I thought about it in my bed- just wash off the germs and the curse will be gone.

But I just kept scrubbing- It didn't come off no matter how hard I tried. Every time I thought my hands were finally clean, it seemed that I would notice a fleck or dust I didn't see before. Eventually bruises started forming and different parts of my skin had been scrubbed off- but I could care less that I was bleeding or hurting myself. I just wanted to stop hurting everyone else.

We sat in silence as mom wrapped the bandage around my hand. I could tell she was crying, but I didn't know how to comfort her. If anything, this just proves my theory even more. I was hurting her.

Without a single word, dad got up and walked away, never making eye contact. I could feel tears coming- I couldn't bear to watch his back turned towards me, the tears that stained the side of his face. I tried to call out to him, but I just couldn't.

I had to watch him leave in front of my eyes.

Mom looked to the side, not able to let out a single word. Kaliyah stared down at my bruised and bloodied hands, a sad look on her face.

Gi stood up: "Sutan, where are you going?" I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he was angry from the tremble in his voice. "I'm going to go get some sleep." Dad replied flatly. "So you're just going to leave her here? Don't you know that's exactly what's making her like this-" dad ignored Gigi's yelling, making his way up the stairs like a robot. Mom had finished wrapping and pulled me and Kaliyah into a deep hug, her tears dripping down.

"Don't listen." He whispered. "Don't listen."

Gigi's POV:

I was beyond angry.

I was absolutely pissed.

After waiting for Karl to say goodnight once again to the two kids and whispering something to Kaliyah. Quietly, we both made our way to the kitchen. The both of us didn't say a word with each other, but we knew to both be there.

"Why didn't you stop him?" Was the first thing I asked. I felt bad for placing the pressure and anger on an already sobbing Karl, but I needed to know. "He's your damn husband- I can't stop him!" He looked up with tears overflowing.

"I can't stop him- he's just like this. He was brought up in a strict family- the silent treatment is the only way he knows how to fix a kid." I stared at her in disbelief. "Did you not see the look on Maria's face when he got up and left- its painful to see. Just tell him to stay!"

"He's just like this- he's always been like this- strict with kids. He wasn't shown love as a kid- so he doesn't know how to love a kid as a result."

I pulled down hard on my hair in frustration, finding nothing I could slam onto the table without waking everyone up again. "Well you better f**king teach him how to show his support- Maria has already had a bad experience with her old dad. Sutan can make or break her, and right now he is clearly not making her." Karl looked down , nodding slightly as tears dripped. I put a hand on his shoulder. "hey, I know it's hard. But you've got to be strong for her."

After all, I knew that I couldn't be strong enough.

A/N: again, ruining the mood of this chapter but the chapter name actually makes sense for once- the consequences or lack of love in childhood, the consequences of Maria's breakdown, the consequences of trauma and abuse-
hA, iM A fOrkInG GenIuS-

Wow, the A/Ns in this chapter are all oddly egotistic-