past tense

Gigi's POV:

"God, do you ever eat anything?" I stared down at the salad, trying to contain my urge to toss it out one of the mouse-shaped windows.

"I do." Maria pointed down at her salad, as if giving me time to look through all the ingredients- leaves and sauce. Again. "Really?" "Really." She replied, mouth stuffed with leaves. "It's none of your problem-" Kaliyah yelled from beside her, looking slightly annoyed. "Well-" I paused for a second. "Okay. Yeah. Alright." Turning away, I left the table to walk around for a bit.

Ben's POV:

"It's- okay if I feel sad, right?" I whispered, immediately regretting doing so. "What?" Katya turned over confused. "Ben- what?"

"You know- about jinkx- and everything else-" the look on Katya's face immediately changed, turning to slight distress. "Jinkx- it's just- I feel bad- and-" "well no sh*t you feel bad-" Katya let out in an angry tone, her nails clicking on the table. "It was your damn fault in the first place." "You really think I don't know that?" I whispered, staring down at the table.

Before Katya could answer again, the horde of others came back to the table, all returning with their food trays. "What's up?" Jinkx sat down next to me, giving me a slight smile. "You guys- um- having fun?" With the three of use sitting there quietly, staring at each other, you'd think that fun wouldn't be the right word.

"God you three are awkward-" Bianca laughed as she plopped down in the seat beside Gigi, Adore behind her. "So, what's up?" she turned to us, her face laced with slight sympathy. "First time you guys are all together in a- long time huh?"

None of us wanted to say a thing, staring down at our food in silence. "Why is everyone so quiet?" adore asked obliviously, shoving a Mickey shaped cookie into her mouth. "It's Disney- you guys should have some fun!"

Jinkx was the first one to choke up, wiping away a small tear as she buried her face in her hands, staying completely silent. From across the table, I could see Katya's face flinching, turning the other way quickly. "I'm going- gotta catch up with Brian before he does something stupid-" he quickly got up, leaving the table before Bianca could open his mouth to protest. "I um- think i have to go too- I'm sorry-" I couldn't help but to instinctively get up as i felt the tears forming in my eyes, trying to bury the images that I had spent so long trying to forget- "Ben- don't-" Bianca warned, turning my way. "I'm sorry- I just- I'm so sorry-" I tried, looking up to see Jinkx leaving. "I never thought-"

There was a loud groan from Jinkx as she speed walked towards the door, and slammed it as she sped out the restaurant.