Peace with chaos

A/N: this picture brings up so many unsolved questions.
Why is crystal eating rock m sakuras shoulder pads?
Why is gigi holding up a bag of goldfish like she's in a. Commercial?
Why is she holding a bag of goldfish at all?
What the hell is that red bar I think the corner?
Why do they look so awkward?
If anyone had answers, please tell me.

Kaliyah's POV:
The house was much quieter than usual, maybe just because I was so used to all the talking down at Maria's. After Karl and sutan met up with us, we immediately got in the car and dropped off Karl and Maria at the hospital. "I knew she wouldn't go home." Sutan sighed, as Karl Tried to calm Maria down. I felt really bad for her. I knew whoever this Gigi was meant a lot to her. Maria often brought her up- only to put her back down again.

Chomping down on my chocolate coin, I waited for sutan to bring me the news of if the drag queen was okay. If I were to be honest- I didn't care much for her health, but more for what would happen to Maria if this Gigi were injured badly. Suddenly, the door creaked open and in came sutan. "I brought pizza." He gave me a half smile, holding up a paper box. "It's from that fancy place at the mall."

"Any news yet?" I looked at him hopefully.
He shook his head.

The both of us never ate any of the pizza- even though he kept telling me to eat it. "Don't be shy. I know that you and Maria really wanted it." He was right. We had wanted it, but that was the least of our worries right now.

I looked down at the fabric that I had bought, and Maria's voice rang through my head. "That looks like something gi would wear." Maybe, when everything was alright, me and her would sit down together to make a dress for her friend. Right now, that possibility seemed so distant that it was near impossible.

"KARL'S CALLING!" Sutan yelled from the kitchen. Quickly getting up from my sewing table, I rushed over to hear the news.

"Don't worry, the boy's okay. The bottle was empty and broke apon first impact, so it wasn't that bad. A few stitches and a day or two in the hospital should make him as good as new." Though we could tell that karl was trying to comfort us, his voice quivered in a way that worried me. "I think Maria's going to end up staying at the hospital all night. I'll probably take a bus back, though. I think she needs time alone." "I'll pick you up." Sutan said quietly. "You two should come visit tomorrow. You know, keep Maria in company as she waits for the boy to wake up."

I added myself into the conversation. "Sure. I would love to go."

I had always really wanted to meet this gigi anyways.

Maria's POV:
I slumped down in the chair, staring blankly at the wall. I wanted to look down, say something sappy things to gi like they always do in the movies, but I just couldn't. I couldn't bear looking at his unconscious form- how pale he was and all the machines hooked onto him.

It was so hard for me to make peace with the fact that loud, always angry, loveable gi, the one that comforted me and talked me through things and was there for me on the phone, has now become the limp figure before me in the hospital bed.

"I'm so sorry..." I cried into my hands for what felt like the seven hundredth time. From the side of my eye, I saw mom peering by the door, looking extremely concerned. That's the other thing- I ruined the day for everyone. No one else knew Gigi like I did, but they all had to drop their plans for me. I'm sure dad would be angry when I got home- of me getting so upset over a stranger. I know they can't understand what gigi meant to me.

That day that I had met her- I was on my breaking point. Pushing dreams, the happiness, sadness, the emotions overwhelming. Gi took me away from all of that. In my mind, she saved me.

She was the definition of freedom to me, something that I've never had.

Something that I've always wanted.

"Her condition is stable honey. She'll be awake soon." Mom reassured me again. I nodded slowly. "Are you sure you'll be fine all alone here?" Mom had walked in by this point, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded again, brushing her hand off my shoulder. I didn't want to waste her time anymore. I didn't want to keep looking at her, living this life, constantly thinking that he will push me down on the couch like my old dad, screaming the and shouting. Dad and mom, the best parents in the world, Kaliyah, a strikingly beautiful girl with a brilliant mind and sewing skills beyond her years. A life with famous celebrities. They were all too good for the all too delusional me. But Gi. She's just like me. Misplaced. Misunderstood.

We fit each other perfectly, because were one of the same kind.

I was horrified at the thought. I was so convinced I had been cursed, cursed so that everyone around me would get hurt- gigi has lived her whole life normally, and yet she got hurt only one week after meeting me. My birth mom had left by birth dad for seemingly no reason, and he had also turned delusional. I stared down with the realization

"Who was going to be next?"

I didn't want to think about it anymore.