Someone I know

Maria's POV:

After I had finally made up with dad, life finally seemed to go back to normal.

Well, as normal as life can get when you keep dreaming about your mother that you can't remember and a supposed uncle that you've never met.

After I finally figured out that dad still loved me, I had stoped dreaming about all the gruesome things I used to- I no longer believed in the curse that I thought was somehow on me- it all seemed so silly looking back. Though, there was still a small part of me that still wanted to believe it.

Now, I only dreamed about flashbacks of my mom and her supposed brother. I couldn't find anything about him in any of my folders, nothing. It was strange, considering that he should've been closely knit to my case.

It was only a few nights after my dad woke up that I had a much more different dream- instead of watching my mom dress her brother up in drag (who she calls "Bri", for whatever reason), her brother wasn't in the dream at all. Instead, it was just her and my grandparents in the house.

"What is this?" Her mom threw down a bundle of Polaroid pictures with such force that they rained down like ting chainsaws. Mom was looking down  at the floor, her face red from crying. "I said, what is THIS?" Her mother screamed again, this time completely livid. "H-he wanted to do it, so I let him. I just wanted him to be happy..." mom whispered out, trying to plead with them. The pictures were of my moms brother in several different outfits, all in full drag.

"HIM TO BE HAPPY BY DRESSING LIKE SOME GIRL?" My mom's dad screamed down at her, stepping on her head. "Do you know how much effort it took us to have a baby boy... and now you're going to ruin him by making him into a girl? Your mom was too light on you... we should've just given you away before you even got this old, corrupting your brother." I wanted my mom to stand up for herself against these monsters- to run away. Instead, she just nodded quietly. "JUST- STOP GOD DAMN MAKING YOUR BROTHER LIKE THIS-" her mother screeched, slamming my mom against the railings. As her parents walked away, she stumbled upwards and sneaked slowly into the hallway, running into a room.

"Hey, you alright bri?" She knelt down by her brother who was crouched down on the floor, with ripped clothing and parts of her beloved blonde wig scattered all around him. "They found everything." He whispered quietly. "Even the blue skirt that I told you told you to hide underneath your old schoolwork?" Mom wispered back with a forced grin. Quickly jolting up, his brother went into his closet, shuffling around for a bit before he came back out with a baby blue skirt in her hand.

"Nope." He mouthed, looking slightly happier. "Don't worry about your stuff- I'll work some extra shifts to get it back for you, alright?" Mom told him, holding him close. "But that wig, I spent days cutting it, I-" she pulled him in. "We'll be able to replace it, bri. I'm sure we will. Together." Picking up a peice of the ripped down wig, I could see tears rolling down his face. "I hope so."

Even from far away, the sadness in my mother's eyes were prominent. It was hard not to wonder at that moment, if anyone was there for her.

I guess I was lucky to be having these visions- at least it gave me a bit of insight on what my mom's life was like. But I couldn't stop wondering, her parents, her brother, and especially her- where were they?

I kept digging, kept looking. And the dreams kept coming.