Malls and turns

Maria's POV:
After a night of struggling to sleep in excitement, it was finally mall day. Kaliyah was dressed in a chic floral miniskirt that she had made herself during last spring break and I was wearing a simple white tee with jeans and a black jacket. Sutan and Karl were looking like the world's most fashion forward dads, in leather jackets and black jeans. They were also probably the most mafia looking dads in the world, but that's besides the point.

WHOS READY TO GO ON A TRIP TO FANCY-LAND" dad called out from the front seat. "ME!" Me and Kaliyah yelled in unison, hopping up and down like we did the day when we went to the studio. "Well then, let's go!"

After a long trip filled with bad dad jokes and mom trying over and over again to play a game of I-spy with us, we were finally at the mall. "It looks exactly like the picture!" Kaliyah yelled out, amazed at the tall building." "It looks expensive." I replied. "Well kids, you're supposed to go inside the mall, not stare at the outside for six hours!" Dad started to push us towards the door. Let's go have some fun!"

Apparently, watching my middle age dad try on several different ugly blue suits was fun to them.

"I sorry dears," dad turned back to us sympathetically. "I know this is probably pretty boring..." "you do say," I mumbled and Kaliyah snorted loudly. "Well, maybe you two should go explore on your own." Mom suggested. "After all, I also have suits I need to try on-" "SAY NO MORE KARL" Kaliyah exclaimed, standing up from her seat. "I'm getting out of here. You coming ria?" I nodded quickly. Anything was better than staying here and watching them try on more suits.

Me and Kaliyah spent an hour exploring shops- she bought some new floral pattern, saying that she was going to make a new dress with it. "that looks like something gi would wear." I stared down at the fabric bag. "Who's gi?" She asked me with a confused look on her face. "Oh, no one." Afterwards, we walked around some more, with me buying a pair of black sunglasses and her getting a big chocolate coin the size of her face.

"Alright dear, we're done with the fitting. Why was don't you just meet us down at the pizzeria?" Game the voice of my dad on the phone." Alright! I replied. "See your there."

"We need to meet up with them by the pizzeria." I explained to Kaliyah as I put away my phone. Her face lit up. "It's pizza time!" Our good moods and joking had been suddenly cut off my a shrill from someone not far away. "OVER THERE!" A couple called out beside us, pointing towards a growing crowd around a man with a beer bottle, crouched on top of a tall young woman. As we inches closer, hands shaking, I started to hear the exchange. "YOU DAMN SLUT!" The man slammed the young woman into the wall, causing her to cough violently and the crowd around them to scream and shout. Some people were attempting to pull the man back, but to no avail. "I LOVED YOU! AND YOU DONT EVEN SUPPORT ME-" the man suddenly smashed his beer bottle onto the girl's head, causing for a loud smashing sound that silenced everyone. Me and Kaliyah watched in horror as she fell down, in a pool of her own blood.

As the man was pulled back by security, more and more people started to gather around the woman that was attacked- including me and Kaliyah. Something about the pattern on her well kept dress, the colour, it seemed so fimiliar even from extremely far away that I had to get a closer look. As we pushed through the crowd, we finally got a view of her. There were a few other people gathered around, talking to her and trying to get her to respond. I finally got a good look at the victim.

I felt my knees buckle and me falling to the ground. "MARIA?" Kaliyah kneeled down beside me. "What's wrong? Did all the blood scare you? We'll leave- right now."

My eyes were wide with horror. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I started to cry, and Kaliyah kept trying to comfort me. I tried to tell her that it wasn't because of the blood, or the terror of seeing someone you didn't know on the brink of death. But it was instead the deep rooted horror of watching something more.

Though, I only ended up being able to muster out one word.

"Gi?"

A/N: this is starting to sound more and more like murder mystery.