CHAPTER 5

~HERO~

These guys, I recognize them but I can't recall from where? "I...I think...that, we have to get back to the clubhouse." Weston said. Why is she stuttering? "What's wrong, babe?"

"Don't know but I have a bad feeling about them. I'm not sure, but I think that one of them was my mother's dealers."

"What? You're telling me that those guys are from the cartel?"

"I'm not sure, but yes."

"Shit. Come on, let's head back. Pollux I think it's better that you carry Blake and tell Tyra to get to the clubhouse. We're on lockdown." Pollux looks at me, he crooks his eyebrow. Like he has no clue what I'm talking about. "I'll explain everything, I just need to get back before they come to me."

We hurry back to the clubhouse. I texted Vince and Seth. They're ready. "Easy babe, I'm not letting them touch you. I swear." She nods. I'm not even sure if she hears me. She's locked herself up again. I can't break through to her now. She needs to do that, she thinks she protects us when she does. I hate seeing her like this. Hurting, panicking, and her inner battle with herself. She wants to leave. I know she does but only causes, she thinks that this is her fault, that her presence put all of us in danger. She would sacrifice herself for the rest of us.

"Weston?" She doesn't answer. I pull her into my chest and make sure that her ear is pressed against my heart. She loosens up, but she doesn't say a word. "I love you." She nods. "Baby, please. Talk to me?"

"I"

"I...I" She stops trying. We get back to the clubhouse and Vince runs towards us. He sees Weston. His eyes go dark and I can see how much this hurts him. Seth comes towards us and when he sees Weston he turns around and walks upstairs. Guess they weren't lying when they said when she breaks, he breaks. He can't handle it.

"What happened?" Vince asks. "We were followed by someone, she recognized them. I don't know, but I guess that the cartel knows that she's alive." Vince punches the wall. "Mother fucker!" Weston jumps out of fear. I don't recognize her in this state. Not even my heartbeats make it better. I'm lost.

"Where are they? I'm gonna slit their throats!" Vince asks. "No. We have to wait and see what we are up against. We need people from other chapters. We need enforcement.

"I'll call the north chapter." Trip says. "Yeah, I'll call the west." said Kip and Rocky said, "And I'll call the east." I nod. Riley comes downstairs and when she sees Weston she gives me a worried look. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Cartel."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later but for now I need you and Weston to head back upstairs. Lock yourself inside our room with the pups."

"No!" Weston yells. "Babe?"

"No! I'm going out there. I'm gonna beat them to death. I'm done."

"No. They'll kill you or take you away."

"No! They don't stand a chance. I know how they roll, I know their weaknesses. I know everything about them. Who works for them, I know every damn face of their little bitch cartel. I'm gonna wipe them out, one by one."

"You can't do that by yourself, babe."

"I can. I don't want you to get involved in this. They'll kill you. I can't stand the thought of them killing you."

"They won't. You don't give me and my men much credit."

"You don't know these men."

"Neither do you."

"Yes, I do. They were in my life for two years. They stayed at our house. They only left the times Vince and Seth were home, which was rarely." Vinces jaws clenched with a snap. "I'm sorry, bro but that's how it was. You only home on the weekends, during day time and at that time we spent in the garage. Then you took off and partied all night, came home, slept then you left for work on Monday and only came home to sleep."

"So you're saying that all the things that happened to you and mom, was our fault? We did our best to provide for us."

"No. It's not your fault, I know that it wasn't but that was how it was. They spent every day at our house, ate our food, slept in our beds, used our showers, assaulted me, and mom." I didn't know this?! She knows them and I've never thought that Vince and Seth were home so little. It's no wonder that she suffers from anxiety. Always left behind. Not once the first choice.

"I'm sorry, Weston. Why didn't you tell us?"

"Cause they told me that they would kill me and then you guys if I told anyone. I believed them."

"Well, you can't go after them alone. They're the Cartel. Do you even know how big a support system they have? They're involved with the CIA and FBI. They have all odds on their side." I tell her. "I know. I didn't speak when they were home. Which made them think I didn't know how to. So they talked about everything out in the open. I know everything. Guess they figured out that I'm alive and very verbal."

What the fuck?! She is full of surprises. But I don't know if this is a good one? How do they know that she's here? How do they know where to look for her? Someone must be running their mouths in the wrong neighborhood. We have a traitor among us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~VINCE~

My heart just pulverized. I didn't know that they stayed at our house when were gone. Like they slept in our beds. They ate our food. Shit, this is so much more than I ever thought. No wonder she's always been pissed at me. I was the one in charge and I always told Seth that we should get out and party. If I only would have known?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~WESTON~

My emotions are everywhere. I don't know how to organize them? I don't know how to act at all? I can't think. Everything is just spinning around in my head. They must know that it's me. I bet they thought they killed me that night and they never heard me speak which was for my benefit. I know everything.

"Where is Seth?" I ask. "Upstairs," said Vince. "Get him."

"Okay." I pace back and forth, I lit up a cigarette, and blow out the smoke slowly. I try to see the pattern here. How did they know where I was? And That I was alive? "Hey, what's going on?" Jay asks. "Cartel is in town. Looking for my wife." Jays eyes go wide. "Which cartel?" he asks.

"Rodriguez, Mexican."

"Shit. Why?"

"It's a long story but it involves my past, they thought I was dead and a mute. They watched us getting ice cream before. Heard me. Saw me."

"So they're here for you?"He asks. "Probably." I look at Jay and all of the sudden everything falls into place. That's him! He was the one who always guarded the door, he was there. He always stood back, but he always got his fix. He was the one who suggested that they should rape me as well.