CHAPTER 42

~HERO~

I can't believe this?! Why can't she catch a break? She's going to shut down, and I know that she can't help it. She invested her heart into this even if it scared her shitless and now it all blows back in her face. Her past never seems to go away, no matter what she does. My heart breaks for her and myself. I know it's probably selfish of me but I can't help it. I want this baby, and I want it with her.

She's the love of my life, she's my everything. I don't want this without her. What if I lose them both in this process to get my dreams? We're home and Weston rushes out of the car and runs inside. I close my eyes and take a deep breathe. I walk inside and find her on the floor with the dogs. She cries in a way I've never seen before. I kneel beside her and pull her into my arms. She sobs and she can't breathe properly.

"Shh...I'm here, baby. I got you." She nods and cries even harder. This is a new breakdown. I'm lost. I don't know what to do but we can't sit here on the floor. I scoop her up in my arms and carry her upstairs and lay her down on the bed. I crawl into the bed and pull her closer to me. She put her head on my chest. She still cries uncontrollably.

I feel my own tears slipping out of my eyes but I don't bother to wipe them away. I need to feel this too. She must know that she isn't alone in this. I'm hurting too. Even if it's her body, and her fear that's been displayed but that little shrimp inside her is mine too. Half her and half me.

I don't know how long we lay there and cry. I don't even know if she noticed that I'm crying as well but she sits up and looks at me. Her eyes are filled with pain. "I'm sorry." She said. "It's not your fault, baby. It's the way of life."

"No. It's the way of my life. I'm just sorry I dragged you into all this. Got your hopes up and now it's all a mess. It's always like this around me."

"Don't say that. I knew who you were when I married you. I love you and that's not going to change." I tell her and she nods. I know that she's trying to push me away. She thinks that she isn't good enough for me but the truth is, that she's everything I want. I've never felt this kind of love or need for someone. She's the most precious thing in my life and we're going to get through this. If she isn't strong enough to fight for us, then I'm gonna fight for the both of us.

"You've been beating the odds that were against you your whole life, but we're beating this one together. I'll always be here for you. I'll always love you no matter what and we're having this baby and it's going to be the most beautiful baby in the world. We'll beat the odds. You and me." Through her tears, I see a smile. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yes. I love you too. You're my everything and I'm just so afraid to lose you." She tells me. "You won't. I promise." She nods and kisses me softly. We stay in the bed a few hours just cuddling and try to wrap our heads around what just happened but we'll get through this! I'm so sure of it. I feel it. She was made for me and I was made for her.