CHAPTER 41

~HERO~

Today we're patching in Pollux and the three other members from our Nomad charter. We have our new prospects and soon we'll step up our business. Tonight it's the patch in party and it's gonna be crazy. I'm not in the mood for partying, when Weston can't. She's been nauseous for days, throwing up constantly. I'll take her to the doctor's office today. She needs something to help with nausea.

I mean she's thin, to begin with, and I can literally see every damn pound that she loses. She's a mess, she cries and she throws up. I feel so bad for her. I wish I could take this pain from her. She isn't the same Weston anymore. She only sleeps. Seth has really changed, he's been with her every day. He spends like two hours by her bedside every day. Vince does too. I'm glad that Seth finally pulled his head out of his ass. She needs him. She needs us all.

"Baby?" Her voice is weak and raspy. "Yes?"

"Can you bring me a coke?"

"Of course, babe." I kiss her forehead and go downstairs. I take out a can of coke from the refrigerator and head upstairs. "How are you feeling today?"

"Better. I'm actually hungry."

"Really?"

"Yes, and I want a Big Mac." I chuckle. "I'll send the prospects right away."

"Thanks, baby. Can you help me to take a shower?" she asks. "Only if I can join you?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I wiggle my eyebrows and help her out of bed and lead her into the bathroom. I undress her. I lean forward to her belly and kiss the little bump she has. She smiles and runs her fingers through my hair. "Daddy loves you, shrimp." I look up at her and see tears in her eyes. I stand up and hug her. "I love you too, baby mama."

"I love you too, Papi." I kiss her and she wraps her whole body around mine as I lift her. We're both naked and I step inside the shower and the hot water stream over us. We kiss like there's no tomorrow. I lower her onto my raging hard-on. She moans as I thrust into her. "Ohh...Hero!!!Mmm..."

I kiss her neck and go a little faster and harder. She rubs my neck with her fingers. "Mmm, you feel so good." I thrust harder and deeper and she bounced up and down on my length, we have the most amazing rhythm together. I release as she comes all over me. "Mmm, shit! Mmm..."

"Ohh, yes baby, yes!" I put her down and her eyes have that spark inside them again. It's been gone for a couple of days but I can see that my baby is on her way back." Do we have to join the patch party?" She asks. I sigh. "I have too. At least one hour."

"Okay. One hour then I'm out."

"Sure." We get dressed and make ourselves ready for the doctor's appointment. I'm driving and Weston rides shotgun. She's nervous, her hands are shaking. I put one of my hands on top of hers. She looks at me and smiles. It's a weak smile, but it's there. We're in the waiting room and Weston is pacing back and forth. "Hey, Weston, Hero." Dr. Bree greets.

"Hey." We say together. We shake hands with her and then follow her into her office. She takes a seat and looks at us. "So how have you been?"

"It's been hell and all I do is cry, puke, and sleep. I've lost a few pounds in like a week. I'm afraid and worried all the time."

"I'm sorry, dear. I'll write a subscription for nausea and I have the results from our last appointment."

"Okay?" Weston says. "Yeah, well your cervix is covered in scar tissue and your placenta is very thin. For now, everything looks okay."

"But?"

"I don't know how it will work when the baby is growing inside you. Your placenta can burst and if it does, the chances are that both you and the baby are most likely to die. If it bursts we have to be quick to do a C-section. That's the only option for your birth plan." This can't be happening. "Oh, So?"

"This is up to you and Hero. I can't decide for you. I can answer if you have any questions, and be there for you but I can't tell you what to do." I feel the tension in the room. Weston is about to break. She starts to hyperventilate and Dr. Bree walks up to her and puts a calm hand on her back. "So if I give birth to this baby, it will most likely die? And maybe me too in the process?"

"That's a possibility."

"Fuck!"

"Baby, calm down." She's pacing and she grabs whatever she sees and throws it on the floor. This is bad. Like real bad. "Okay, you have to take it easy. No long walks, don't stand up for long. Don't do stairs."

"So I'm on bed rest?" She asks. "Yes. I'm sorry."

"I'm going to lose my mind." She says. "We'll figure something out, babe."

"I'll book a new appointment in one week and if you have any concerns or questions just call me."

"Okay. Thanks." Weston seems conflicted. She doesn't talk at all. Everything looks good now but I can tell that she's thinking so hard that her brain is about to explode. This breaks my heart and I know it breaks hers too. We get the subscriptions and leave. We'll have to visit every week until she delivers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~WESTON~

We went to the doctor's office and she told me that it's most likely that my placenta will burst, and if that happens I'll probably die and the baby as well. I don't even know why I am surprised? Of course, this pregnancy should be the biggest trial in my life. Gambling about who will live and who will die? I can't speak.

It feels like I'm letting Hero down. I can't carry a child without betting on my own life. A woman's body is made for this, to conceive a child, give birth but not my body. My body plays by its own rules. "Baby. Talk to me."

"I...c...an't" He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles. I wish he didn't have to drive so he can hold me in his arms. "Take me home. I want to sleep." I tell him. "Yes, babe." The drive back is silent and I know that this kills Hero. He's worried sick about this. This feels so wrong. He should be with someone who can give him plenty of babies. Not a fucked up girl like me who can't even give him the child without jeopardizing her own life.