Chapter 1: My Sudden Death. (Part 1)

"I wish you all the best on your journey," the Queen bowed her head. "May the Goddess bless you and know our hearts follow where ever you may go."

The Hero curtsied respectfully, "Thank you once more your Highness."

There was a slight pause as the Queen frowned softly, "No, it is you who we should be thanking Hero Lara."

It was a touching scene as they said goodbye. All of them standing in the early morning sun. The hopeful yet sad expressions, some filled with excitement, others with determination. Yep it was great... of course it would be if it weren't my fourth time seeing this. I internally sighed but kept my neutral expression as the Hero and her party came my way. I bowed as they dropped their baggage at my feet to be stored in the carriage. With practised steps I picked up the bags and carefully placed them into the rear storage.

"Careful with that one," the voice came from Ardent. "The tools inside are very valuable."

"Yes sir," I smiled politely and once he had his back turned dropped it haphazardly. The man was always super nit-picky about his equipment's safety. I would be as well if it weren't for the incredibly high grade material protecting them.

I was beginning to get sick of this. Previously when I realised that I had died and come back I swore to myself to survive but last time I didn't even make it the seven days to that Monster. Nope, two days from now after leaving the town of Wester, I just died. No idea what happened either. One moment I was yawning and driving the carriage like usual and the next I was listening to the Queen say goodbye. I couldn't even understand what went wrong, every part of our trip till then had been mostly the same as before.

I sighed out loud as I finished packing away the last of the goods. And here I thought I'd only have to worry about the Monster, turns out that was wrong.

"Is something the matter?" the Hero's voice struck me by surprise and I jumped.

"Um no," I quickly replied and faced her. Damn, no matter how many times I saw her, there was no denying she was a beauty. Gorgeous green eyes that didn't quite suit her white hair but it gave her an exotic look that screamed for those around her to stare. Couple that with her pretty face and honestly very finely proportioned body... ah, I should stop staring.

"Are you sure?" she smiled with a sweet innocent care.

I couldn't help not return the gesture, "I'm fine. Just a few things on my mind. Please go on with your business."

"In that case-," she was about to take a step towards me but Ronalt intervened.

"Lara leave the attendant to his job," he gently pulled her to the carriage. "It's what he's here for. You don't need to pay him any mind."

And like that I was left alone as she was guided away. Truthfully I was thankful to Ronalt for his crass remarks towards me. Why? Because the feeling was incredibly mutual. The less I had to do with them the better off I'd be in the end. I watched as Marley our priest said a small prayer to the Goddess and the others alighted the carriage. Although the carriage was small it had been crafted by magicians to shrink the space it occupied. Really it had its own kitchen, storage, two relatively large bedrooms and even a small bathtub.

I moved to the front of the carriage and genuinely smiled as I saw the large two legged bird pulling it.

"Hey there girl," I tenderly rubbed its crown as it purred and fed it a carrot. "Here you go." The bird chirped and readied herself. Out of all the Hero's party I liked her the most. A standard coloured soft pink with fluffy feathers, she was a Paradise Moa named Pina. Though usually not as strong as a horse, Paradise Moa's were faster and more agile. Pina however was of a Queen breed and could easily pull the carriage herself, better than any horse could. Thankfully I hadn't seen her die yet. The bird was too clever for that.