Chapter 35

Rose

"Josh go after her!" I said..well more like commanded.He looked at me one last time then ran after Ashley.Dimitri came in minutes later with a weird look.

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing.." I sighed."You know you can go to the academy without me.I am totally fine." I assured him although that I am far from fine."I don't want you to get fired or anything..."

"That's ridiculous Rose.Christian don't mind,he really is worried about you.Besides,it's not like we are really needed there." He said with a slight small smile.Then it's gone seconds later.He stares at me with a really worried face then he took my hand in his.Sighing softly.

"Dimitri,i-i'm fine." He looked up and looked at me meaningfully.

"Really Rose? Are you really fine?"

I didn't answer,instead I tightened my hold in his.

Ashley

I went to my room and started to pack up my things.Silver stakes,blades,swords all the stuff that I can kill Strigoi with.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Josh said when he saw me packing my things.

"I don't know Josh.What do you think I'm doing?" I crossed my arms."And why didn't you knock?"

"Why are you doing this?!" His voice frustrated.

"Look,you and I know that Rose is a very special person and not the type who gives up on anything.She saved my life.Twice.She saved yours too." She did.Honestly,she had been risking her life saving one of us when we're in danger."She could've just left us because that's what they ordered to do.If one of our teammates got held up just leave 'em there because we can't risk any other Hunter's life but she ignored that one rule." I sighed as I sat down.Josh sat down beside me.

"And we owe her our life.." It's not like a question,it's more of a statement.

"We do.She's dying Josh and she believed that there's no cure and I think that's bullshit.Everything has a cure." Josh gave me 'really' look."Okay maybe not everything but this does.It must have a cure." He pursed his lips."She's my family Josh.You too.I look at her as my sister." Josh nodded in agreement.Then he stood up.

"Okay." He clasped his hands."Let's gather our squad again and find this fucking bastard." He said with much more energy.

"What if they don't want to go?"

"They would." He flashed me one of his rare smiles and took out his phone and started calling.

I finished packing my things up.My whole body is covered with weapons.

"Ashley!" I heard someone scream.Ben."Ashley!" He barged into my room then sighed in relieve."What happened?! I came to see you and your door is broken down."

I groaned."Damn it Josh.Why the hell did you broke down my door?"

"Sorry." He turns his gaze to Ben."Hey Zombie.." He said hesitantly,"I totally forgot you real name."

"It's Ben.And Josh right?"

"Yep."

"You've called them yet?" I asked Josh.

"Yeah..they'll be here in a few hours."

"What's going on?" Ben asked with a frown looking between me and Josh.

Should I tell him? I look at Josh and he nodded his head telling me to go on and so we told him.

He was quiet for a moment.

"I want to come with you." Why? "Because Rose is a good friend of mine too and I'm not gonna let you go on a dangerous mission without me." I smiled warmly at him.

"Okay."

Rose

I'm staring at my food that they gave me and it makes me sick.

"Rose you have to eat." Lissa pushed."You looked skinny,almost skinny as me.You need some fat."

"I don't want to." I whined."Just looking at it makes me sick." I lay back down on the bed."And besides,I'd probably throw all of it up in a few hours so..better not waste it."

Lissa sighed heavily."Rose please." She pleads.

"Fine." I said then eat a spoonful of my porridge forcefully."Happy?"

She smiles."Thank you."Dimitri then came into the room."I got her to eat." She said happily.

"Finally.Thanks Vasilisa- I mean Lissa." She nodded.

"Well I'll see you later Rose." She hugged me then left.

"So how are you?"

"I'm fine.Dimitri,just take me home.I don't like being here." The food suck and the smell is horrible.

"You can't.Not yet Rose.Not until you fully healed." He taste the porridge."It's not that bad."

"Obviously you're lying.And I'm tired of being cooped up in here,I just need to get some fresh air and just stay away from the hospital for at least a week."

"Patience Rose.You'll get better before you know it."

"That's the problem Dimitri! I'm never gonna get better.I'm dying!"

"No you're not."

"Yes I am! The doctor told me." Oh shit.Great Rose.

"Wha-what?" He stuttered."When?! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"He told me a few days ago and I told him not to tell anyone.Look I want to tell you but I just don't want to spend my last few days with you being worried and sad because of me." I said as tears build up in my eyes."Doctor said if they don't find the cure soon I'll die and there's no cure."

Dimitri wrapped his strong arms around me as I buried my face on the crook of his neck,silent tears falling down my face.

"There is a cure." He said more like to himself."There has to be a cure."

"No there isn't." I reached for the letter from under my pillow and give it to him.

He read it and crumpled the paper when he's done.I could feel tears falling down on my cheek.

"No Roza.I don't believe this.There's a cure and I will find it." He kissed me hard."I'm not giving up on you.You're gonna be just fine." He kissed me again.

"You're going to be just fine Roza."

Sorry I know this chapter is a bit boring. ~ Mariam