Chapter 15

Rose

I woke up surprisingly early,since i was so tired last night.I also realized that i'm in Dimitri's arms.He was still sleeping,his breath is steady.he looks so peaceful.I'm so glad he's sleeping peacefully.He hasn't really slept when i was kidnapped.And i felt bad for that.I was only kidnapped for a week but my strength is not like it used to be.I'm thinner now.Scars everywhere.Victor did offered me meal 3 times a day but i refused.Who knows,maybe he put something in it.But i did drank mineral water.The bite marks on my neck are still very visible.I just need to eat and keep my strength up and it will dissapeared in 2 days.

I'm so hungry.I need to go to the cafe.I slowly slipped out of Dimitri's arms and surprisingly,he didn't woke up.He must be really tired.Of course he is,he didn't sleep for a week because of you.A voice said in my head.I changed into my guardian outfit even though i'm off duty today.

As i walked to the cafe,the Moroi all stared at me like they did yesterday.Why do i always get so much attention? 

"Rose!" A girl shouted while coming towards me.Jill Mastrano.

"Hey Jill." I greeted her with a smile on my face."What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with my parents.They have some bussiness to take care of." Her wide smile turns into a sad smile."I'm so glad you're okay."

"So,you heard.." I half-smiled.

"Everyone did.I need to go to my parents.You take care Guardian Hathaway." She hugs me then left.

Then Hans came into view.

"Hey Hans," I greeted him in the Rose Hathaway way.

"Rose." He nodded."I just want to say,i'm glad you got back...alive."

"Yeah.Good to be back.And thanks."

"I also have some questions to ask you." He added.

I knew this was coming.

"Okay.Call all the important guardians on a meeting at 9." Not all the guardians need to know.

He nodded."Okay.I'll see you later."

The rest of the way to the cafe,no one bothered me thankfully.God,i hope they have chocolate glazed donuts because that's all i need and Mocha.Thankfully,they have those things.I picked up 5 chocolate glazed donuts,a sandwich turkey and a cup of Mocha.After i took a seat,i dig in right away.

After about 10 minutes,Dimitri came in and joined me.

"I knew i'd find you here." He said as he took a seat in front of me.

I smiled."Of course i'd be here.Where else would i be?"

"The gym." He simply said."You sure you can finish all that?"

"Comrade,do you even know me?" I chuckled.

"Right." He smiled.

"Aren't you gonna eat anything?" I raised my eyebrows since i can't raise only one.

"Yeah." He got up then went to buy his foods.Then Eddie came in,he saw me,so he came towards me.

"Hey Rose," he greeted me."So,you know about the guardians meeting?"

"Yeah.I'm the one who asked Hans to call that meeting." I said as i took the last bite of my sandwich.

"Oh.Why? What's it about?" He frowned.

"You'll find out soon."

"Fine.I'm gonna go buy some food."

He left and Dimitri got back.

"So,what did Eddie want?" He asked.

"He wants to know what the meeting is about."

"What meeting?" I can't believe he doesn't know yet.

"You haven't heard?" He shook his head."Hans having a meeting for important guardians only.And we have to be there in 30 minutes.So,you better eat up." He only bought two blueberry muffins and a black coffee.I finished my last donut and Dimitri stared at me."What?"

"I can't believe you just finished all that.Then again i do." I rolled my eyes and felt dizzy doing it.

I let him eat in silence after that.I also realized he has been staring at my bite marks.It didn't annoy me at all.I can read him like an open book.His emotions was jumbled up.Sad,Angry,Regret,Guilty.

"Dimitri,i know you have been staring at my bite marks." I said,we were going to the meeting.He sighed guiltily.

"Sorry Roza," we stopped walking."It just that- i feel really bad,guilty and angry at myself for not protecting you." He looks like he's about to blow up.Thank God,no one's around."When i was a Strigoi,i forced you to let me drink from you." His pain is written all over his face."And then Victor and others," he clenched his jaw."You went through that twice,and you still held your head high." He put on a small smile on his face."And i promise you this time,i'll protect you in every way.I'll support you and you'd always have me by your side forever." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Comrade,don't make promises you can't keep," he just can't.I'm a guardian,i'm the Rose Hathaway,i'd always be in danger."I know you'll protect me.And you did.You always found me.But you know me,i'd always be in danger.I'm probably on the top of Strigoi hunting list." That pain on his face again.

"You are.When i was one of them,i told them to find you and.." he trailed off.

"Then i need to take extra precaution," i don't blame him for that.He was a monster then.I kissed him on the lips softly then pulled away."Come on,"

"Ah,Hathaway,Belikov.Glad that you decided to join us." Hans said as we came in.There are only like 30 guardians here.Eddie and my mom included.

"What are we here for?" Asked a guardian whom i don't know.

"As you all know,Guardian Hathaway got kidnapped about a week ago by Strigoi.But not any strigoi,Victor Dashkov." Hans explained.Apparently,some of them didn't know because their faces shows shocked."And as for what you guys are here for,Guardian Crevan," Guardian Crevan.Oh,Adam Crevan.He's only a year older than me.He's one of the guardians who got top marks when they graduated.He went to St.Vlads too."We're here because Guardian Hathaway has something to say," Okay.Go time.

"Yeah.When i was there,Victor told me that the Strigoi are soon gonna take over the Moroi world." Should i say this or not? Just say it."And he also said that they're going to need Guardian Belikov and me to be their some kind of asset."

"Then why didn't he awakened you then?" Asked Crevan again.

"Um,he knew Dim- Guardian Belikov would try to find me,and he did.So he used me to lure him in.He said that after he awakens Guardian Belikov," i refused to say again."Guardian Belikov would be the one who will awakens me and obviously his plans failed.But we all know that me and Belikov are on the top of Strigoi hunting list."

"Thank you Guardian Hathaway.Me and a few other guardians that i choose will discuss what to do about this.But for now,this is it.Dismissed."

We were about to go back to our room but then Lissa called through the bond.

Rose,come here and bring Dimitri.Me and Christian have something to tell you guys.She said excitedly.

"Come on Comrade," i pulled his arm.

"Where are we going?" He frowned.

"The Queen is calling." He nodded,understandingly.

I gave a nod to Guardian Smith who's guarding the queen then he lets us in.

"Took you long enough." Lissa said.

"It's only has been 5 minutes Liss," she ignored my comment and pulled us to the couch.Christian is smiling widely.They both are."So what is this about?"

Christian and Lissa exchanges looks.Christian held her hand.

"I'm pregnant."

Sorry,this chapter is kinda' boring.Thank you guys for the comments and the votes.It always makes me happy.Wish me luck for my exam tomorrow! And Vote,Comment! Love you guys and thanks for reading! ~Mariam ツ