Chapter 17

Rose

I woke up to the annoying sound of alarm clock that is on my nightstand.I groaned then grabbed the alarm clock and throw it while my eyes are still shut.It hit the wall.It's it fault.Shouldn't have bothered me while i was in my beauty sleep.I heard Dimitri chuckled beside me.

"What did that clock ever did to you?" He sighed.

"Ruins my beauty sleep." I murmured and snuggle up with Dimitri.He laughed again.

"Oh Rose," he sighed."You know i'd love to stay in bed with you all day but we have got to get up now.Remember? The kids we said we'd mentor?"

Unfortunately,i do."What time is it anyway?"

"6 p.m." Man,that's freaking early."Come on,we have to get dress right now then take our breakfast then go straight to the gym."

"Fine." I huffed.I forced my eyes open and it did not felt good."Ugh,i hate waking up early." I mumbled to myself."I'm gonna go shower first."

"Okay.And i'm gonna make breakfast while you're in the shower." He smile at me with that wonderful smile of him.

I got up and felt Dimitri's eyes roamed over my body.I realized i was naked.

"See something you like,Comrade?" I smirked.

"Lots Roza,lots." He said huskily.I winked at him then went to the shower.

I went to the mirror and i truly see myself for the first time since i got back.The scars on my face,body.I suddenly felt insecure of myself.My skin is a little pale.I touched the scars on my face,suddenly i remembered how i got them.Flashes of images,runs through my mind.Everytime when he was about to drink from me,i fought him.Then,he would clawed my face or stomach or punch me.He'd called his 'friends' to help him,and they did.They hurt me over and over again.And i was about to give up a day before Dimitri and the guys saved me.How could Dimitri still love me? The hot shower calm me down a bit.But the flashbacks just won't stop.I put on my robe,and covered up all my scars except for the face.I put on my tank top then the leather jacket.Dimitri has already dressed.

"Here some bacons and eggs." He said,smiling.

"Thanks." I sat down and started digging in.

"Rose?" He held my hand."Are you okay?" His voice laced with worriness.

I gave him a tight smile."Yeah."

"You know,i know when you're lying Rose," His voice soft."What's wrong?"

"Nothing..it's just," I looked down at my hands."How could you want to be with me after all this?"

His face shows shock."Why woudn't i? Rose,last week was the worst week ever.Not having you in my arms,knowing you weren't safe."

I felt stupid now.My emotions are all over the place.

"I'm covered with scars and i don't look like i used to." I said quietly.

"You really think,i love you just because of your looks?" He asked,sounding a bit hurt.I shook my head no."Rose,even with all that scars you still look beautiful.You're still the women i love.You're still the most beautiful women i've met," My heart melts.He kissed me softly on the lips and that instantly makes me feel better.

Now,i truly smile.He always knows how to make me feel better.

"Come on,we've got to get to the gym," together we walked to the gym,and kept getting greeted back by other guardians.

The boy Dimitri is going to be mentoring is Zander Collins.16.6'3.Has light brown hair,grey blue eyes.I've noticed him yesterday.He seem charming,and like a very nice boy.He doesn't even have any bad marks on his records.He's a transfer from Russia.When we got to the gym,we did some stretching and then hit some punching bags.About 30 minutes later,Zander came in.Right on time.

"Guardian Belikov,Guardian Hathaway," He greeted politely."I'm Zander Collins.It's an honor to have you guys as my mentor." I already like him.

"Right.We are both your mentors but Guardian Belikov is the one who will train you all the time.I only came in from time to time." I explained.He nodded,understandingly.

Then Skylar burst into the gym.

"I'm sorry for being late.I got held up." She said quickly."Oh yeah,i'm Skylar.Skylar Robinson."

"It's okay.I'm Guardian Hathaway and this is Guardian Belikov."

"Yeah,i know." She rolled her eyes.It's like i'm talking to me."You guys are like legends here."

This time,i rolled my eyes.

"Now that we know each other," Said Dimitri."Let's get started." He clasped his hands.Dimitri took half of the gym and i took the other half of the gym.

"Skylar,i want you to do 50 reps and then i'll show you the weights." I ordered after she finished warming up.She quickly nodded and started to do the reps.

We finished training about 2 hours later.Skylar is actually a really good novice.Not nice in particular but good.It's like i can see me in her.I can tell,she's going to be a great guardian one day.

"Get some rest.You're gonna need it." I said to Skylar.She looks worn out."And try not to be late tomorrow."

"Yeah,okay.I'll see you Rose," I told her it's okay to call me by my first name.

"You know,Skylar reminds me of you a lot." Dimitri said as we walk back to the cafeteria.

"Yeah.She does.I see that Zander and you have great chemistry." I smirked playfully.They were both talking in Russian most of the time.

"Yes.He is a very great novice.He doesn't complains.He's down-to-earth unlike someone." He looks at me.I pretended to be hurt."I was only kidding." He laughed.

"I know." I kissed his cheek,just to embarass him in public."Now,you have to buy me some chocolate glazed donuts because i'm starving."

"Aren't you always?" He teased.

"Hey!" I slap his shoulder playfully.

"Ah,Rose,Belikov." For the sake of Vladimir,it's Stan.

"Stan," i greeted back the way he greeted us.By dropping the guadian title.

"Alto." Dimitri nodded,he wore a small smile on his face.

"Good to see you guys again." He's getting old."I never thought Belikov would be with the reckless Rosemarie Hathaway." I cringed at my full name.

"Stan,i would really appreciate if you'd just call me Rose." I said politely.Stan made a shocking face.

"Belikov is rubbing off of you." He chuckled."And Rose," His face is slightly sincere."I'm glad you're still alive....and fine." Glad to know he cares.

Apparently,many people cares.After Stan left,Alberta came to us.

"Rose!" She hugs me.I was not surprised at all when she did that.She has been my mother figure when i was at the academy."I'm so glad you're okay.I was so worried! And i'm so sorry for not being here when you arrived.I got some things to do." She explained.

"Nice to see you too,Alberta." I laughed.

We hung out at the cafeteria for a while and then a question popped into my head.

"Hey Alberta,why didn't you told us that you knew about us?" I frowned curiously.

"I guess it just never crossed my mind." She shrugged.

"Well,thank you." Dimitri said sincerely.Alberta eyebrows furrowed.

"For what?"

"Because of you,Kirova decided to not sell us out," He held my hand."If she did sell us out,i would probably be in jail right now,away from Rose."

"I've always suspected there's something going on between you guys,and what i saw was not just a fling.I realize you guys were deeply in love with each other without knowing it." I owe her.She has been taking care of me since i was a kid.I owe her big time.