Chapter 8

Rose

I caught Lissa just in time before she hit the ground.

"Lissa?" I slapped her cheeks a couple times softly."Lissa?" No use.She passed out.

"Let me carry her to her bed in the guest room."Dimitri offered.I nodded then he carried her away.

I looked over at Adrian.His skin was paled- paler than usual.

"Adrian?" I walked to him slowly.

"No.No.That can't be right.My aunt is not dead! She has the best protection!" He paced back and forth.

I touched his shoulder.He instantly stopped and looked at me with eyes brimming with tears.

"Adrian,i'm sorry.I know how much she meant to you.I'm so sorry." I tried to comfort him.

"No.She can't be dead! She was more like a mother to me then my mom ever was!" He was crying mad.His back against the wall and he slowly slid down.He buried his face with his hands.

Christian came towards me.

"I'm going to check up on Liss...try to calm him down." I nodded then he left.The Belikovas all look at Adrian sympathetically.

I sat beside Adrian.

"I know how it feels.That's exactly how i feel when Mason died.And the worst part is that i was there."

He stood up and wiped his tears away.

"I'm glad i was not there when she got ki- killed.She's the only one who ever cares about me you know.She's the one who has been spoiling me." I hugged him.He hugged me back of course."When will this pain lessens?" He mumbled on to my shoulder.

"It took me months but eventually the pain will lessens.But it will always be there.You just have to be strong to get through them.And i know you will.Okay?" I looked at him straight in his eyes.

He sniffed then nodded."Thanks."

I smiled sadly."Anytime."

"Rose.." Dimitri said.He has been watching me comforting Adrian.He gestured for me to come qith him outside.So i did.

I sighed."So,what now?"

"Hans just called me again.He ordered us to get Lissa to safety.Things at court are just starting to get better.And a lot of Moroi and dhampir still don't know that Queen Tatiana is dead."

"Well,this is the safest place that i know."

"We'll figure it out." Dimitri said confidentally.

We stood there,outside.Enjoying the fresh air and the peacefulness.

"How's Lissa?" I asked after a while.

"Still passed out.Christian's with her." He smiled at me.Come on,let's get inside.It's getting cold out here."

I nodded then went in with him.Adrian was sleeping on the couch.Mia was doing something with Zoya.Olena's cooking launch.It's like nothing had happened.Eddie's sleeping on the couch,he's sitting sleeping.

"How's Adrian holding up?" I asked Mia as i sat beside her.

"He cried himself to sleep." She looked at him sympathetically."I understands how he feels you know."

"Yeah,all of us knows how it feels when we lost someone that we cared about." I smiled sadly at her."Me,Mason and Dimitri but thank god i got Dimitri back.Eddie lost Mason too.Christian,his parents.Lissa,her family.And you,you're mom."

"D-did Dimitri said anything about my father?" She asked shakily.

"No.Not that i know of.I'll asked Dimitri to asked about your dad."

"Thanks." She smiled then continued playing with Zoya and Paul.

I got up and walked to Olena.

"Olena,where's Dimitri?"

"He's in the gym."

"Where's the gym?"

"In the basement."

I was shocked."Since when did you have a gym in your basement?"

"Um like 3-4 years ago."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Sorry,i thought you knew.Now go find Dimka.I'm glad his with you,you know that right?" She smiled at me.I smiled back.

"Of course." With that i walked down to the basement.

When i walked in,Dimitri was punching and kicking the punching bag.He was shirtless,and that instantly turns me on.

"See what you like?" He teased me.

"Oh stop using my lines would you!" I slapped his bare chest playfully.

He kissed me softly but then it becomes hungrier.He pushed me against the wall.

"Woah there Comrade..as much as i love to continue this..we have some important things to think about." I said.My legs are still around his waist.

"You're right." He got off me."Sorry,but you're so hard to resist."

"That's one of my charms..." I chuckled."Do you come here often?" I asked him.

"No.Only when i feel the need to train or to let some stress out."

"Which one is it?"

"Which one is what?" He raised his eyebrows.

"You know,you feel the need to train or to let some stress out?" I asked him in a 'duh' voice.

He shrugged."A little bit of both."

"Come on.Let's talk with everyone."

And then we went up hand in hand.