Chapter 37

Rose

I woke up to see a very familiar blonde girl staring at me.

"Sydney?" I squint then rubbed my eyes to see if I'm dreaming.Guess what? I'm not.

"Hey Rose." She said with a petite smile.

"What are you doing here?" I realized I'm in my room."In my room? At Court.Moroi Court."

"Abe called me and I did some research of what's..." She bit her lower lip,thinking."..you're going through.I gotta say that you look really- "

"Shitty? Horrifying? Like I'm anorexic?" I suggested.

"Well no." She laughed softly,shaking Rose."I was just gonna say you look really different.But I see you still got the attitude." I chuckled.

"No getting rid of it." She sat down on the bed."I thought you'd be freaking out being in a place full of deadly vampires.."

"No.Well,I'm only comfortable with you.That's why I haven't left the room since I got here.."

"Which is?"

"Just a few hours ago.So I found something that might can help you."

"How? You don't even know what kind of....disease I'm having.."

"First I want you to know that I talked to Dimitri and he told me pretty much everything.You were paralyzed right?" I nodded."I think the Strigoi injected some kind of poison in you.."

"Well duh..I already knew that.."

"Well I found out that they injected strigoi blood into you..."

"What?!" I shot up,feeling a sharp pain in my chest but I ignored it.

"Woah Rose,relax.You have to lay down." I sucked in a deep breath then lay back down.After a while she continued."You're supposed to be dead by now but obviously you're still alive.The strigoi blood is.." She struggled to find the right words."..changing everything inside your body.I'm sorry to say this but I don't know if there is a cure.But I tell you this,you can't stop fighting." She paused."You're strong Rose,inside and outside and maybe you can somehow fight it.Make it dissapear.."

"That is impossible."

"Not if you have a strong will." She interjected.

"I thought you're supposed to be a logical person Syd." I sighed,shutting my eyes.

"I am.But after I heard what you did...changing Dimitri back to a dhampir..I guess you just have to believe in miracles." What she did next surprised me.

She pulled me into a hug.

"Uhh..Syd? Are you okay? You're hugging a vampire."

"Well Rose,you are half human.And I see you as a friend I guess."

"Woah.Friend huh?"

"Shut up." She smiled.I don't think I've seen her smiled or laughed that much before.

Dimitri then came in the room.With a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Oh good you're awake." He handed Sydney the coffee and she muttered thanks.He came over to me and held my hand then kissed it softly."How are you doing today,love?" Love? That's the first time he called me that.I like it.

"I'm feeling just fine Comrade.." I offered him a warm smile.He gave me a quick kiss.

Then there's a knock on the door.Sydney went to opened it.She came back with a cup of coffee and a bucket of red roses in hands.

"This came in for you." Sydney said,giving me both of them.

"Who gave these?"

"I don't know.Look if there's a card or something." I realized there's a stick note on the flower.Dimitri took it and read.

"Hope you get well soon."

"That's it? Does it say who sent these?"

"No that's it."

Dimitri took my coffee and smelled it.

"Smells the same." He handed me back the coffee.

I drinked it.It was good.But then I started to cough uncontrollably.

"Rose? Roza?" I started to hyperventilating."Rose breathe.."

I'm on the floor now,coughing up blood.Then a bile came up my throat and I threw up.

"Oh god.." My eyes are shut and i sat up,laying my back on the cabinet.My eyes are rolling.

"Rose..oh god.." I heard Sydney said,voice terrified.

I opened my eyes and at first it was all blurry but then it became clearer.

"Sorry for making a mess on the floor Dimitri,i'll cleaned it up later." I panted,tugging my stomach.

"Oh Roza.." He sighed.He pulled me to his chest.I'm feeling something wet touching my mouth.

Sydney is wiping the blood off my mouth.I started to cough again.But thank god I didn't threw up this time.I breathe through my mouth.Sydney came back with a glass of water.I downed all of it in seconds.

"Agggh.." I groaned in pain."My stomach fucking hurts."

Dimitri hold me tighter to him.Kissing me softly on my head at times.

"Breathe Rose. ." He instructed.I obliged and eventually my breathing came back to normal.

"Let's get you clean." Sydney said.Then I felt my body being lifted.

Dimitri put me in the tub.Sydney undressed me and to relax.The water is cold.

"Why is it cold?" I asked barely a whisper.

"Rose,it's hot." Dimitri said."Never mind.just..rest Rose.I'll be right here."